Nexus 7 Go app "not compatible"

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a Nexus 7 tablet on Craigslist, hoping to use it for my monitor and nothing else. When I went to google play store for the dji go app, it says "your device is not compatible with this version". Can I get a version that is compatible somewhere else, or am I stuck?
I'm not sure what model year the tablet is. Is it only the 2013 model that works? It says it's running android 5.1.1.

Thanks in advance,

Curt

MP sir. I'd say something nice like "Welcome to the site!" but geeze, you've been here longer than almost anybody...

so, Welcome Back!

Reactions: Curtster
MP sir. I'd say something nice like "Welcome to the site!" but geeze, you've been here longer than almost anybody...

so, Welcome Back!
Been around a long time, but my interest kinda comes and goes. Bought the first Phantom, then a 2, now a 4. A "love hate relationship" with DJI, I guess. Sort of like Apple.
Like others, I get inspired by videos that people post, then realize that getting the shot is just the beginning of the hard work. I went for a hike yesterday in a local park, and planned to return today to shoot some video of the rocky bluffs, only to wake up to Santa Ana winds (So. CA winds that blow at 40-60 mph). Not today! And not with my new Nexus 7 (2102)!!!

Thanks again,

Curt

You have the 2012 model. I bought one of those off Ebay early in 2015. Yep, it doesn't work with the Go app. Never tried it with Litchi though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have the 2012 model. I bought one of those off Ebay early in 2015. Yep, it doesn't work with the Go app. Never tried it with Litchi though.

So I got the go app to install and run on the 2012 tablet by a back door install (apk?), but the video was very laggy and pixelated. Yeah it runs, but mostly useless.

Curt

So I got the go app to install and run on the 2012 tablet by a back door install (apk?), but the video was very laggy and pixelated. Yeah it runs, but mostly useless.

Curt
Hey,
Congratulations on getting your Nexus 2012 working.
May I ask you what you did to get it work?

Thanks in advance!

Just picked up one of these Nexus 7 (2012) models. Got ripped off I feel. 32Gb, 1Gb RAM. The lady I got it from claimed it was a 2013 model. She was mistaken. No DJI Go but did install Litchi. It connected super fast to the drone (faster than my Samsung S7). Didn't fly with the app yet. Was only testing connection in the house.

If you want to go to the trouble you can install cm11 which is another operating system, and it is much less taxing on the system and sideboard the apk, and it work great.

the front facing camera will be to the right side on the 2nd gen. On the middle on the first gen

I know this is an old thread, but...
I too have been given a 1st Gen Nexus 7.
Is there an older version of the Go app that will work with this tablet, if so which one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4