Nexus 7 (2013) Users - Are your tablets working ok?

This is my set up for my Nexus 7 and I fly anytime. Even in bright sunlight. image.jpg

Yeah, I use a matte screen protector and a sun shade made of a cardboard on really sunny days. Works great for me.

Can't go wrong with a nexus or nvidia shield. Depending on budget either nexus 7 2nd gen , nexus 9 or nvidia shield . I just switched to the nvidia shield and it's a beast . The nexus 9 is almost as powerful too. But also like Scott t suggested, that hopefully when they update the app , the lag will be fixed .

Having conversations on how I am able to use my Nexus 7 (2012) 1st Gen tablet with my P3P with no issues and no lag.... Thought I would post how I set it up. I saw this post on DJI's forum. Since I have the tablet laying around, I gave it a shot.

1: Reset you tablet to factory default, after is is updated with lastest Lolipop Firmware.
2: Install Zapper Task Killer
3: Select all selectable processes using Zapper, and Kill All.
4: Install DJI Pilot From Dji Download section on the website(Make sure you allow installation of softwares from unknown sources).
5: Go in Apps option and manually select all apps, and disable notifications for every single app you can do so.
6: Go in App Store and disable automatic updating of all apps, by clicking the 3 dots on the top corner.
7: Go in developer options of your tablet and set "Logger buffer sizes" to 256K(Not sure if it's important but seams to have helped for me).
8: Reopen Zapper again and Kill all processes again
9: Kill all processes again using Zapper(Yes why not twice
tongue.gif
!)
10: Open Dji Pilot and login to your account
11: Plug your remote, and then turn it on
12: Turn on you Phantom 3
14: Enjoy Lag Free flights...

Also I advise you set ALL animation options in the Developer options to OFF ! To increase performance even better.

I did everything except for the Zapper Task Killer, I enabled usb debuggingand I have been golden with not one hiccup.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

bidaw

Reactions: Pulsar747n
I don't think you'll find one much better, I have a Hisense sero pro which can run the app reasonably well but isn't as bright as the Nexus 7.
Somehow you need to shade the screen on very bright days, it's just physics really.

I have it shaded with a Summitlink hood. The reflections are the main issue, though. I also shoot video with a rig using a Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q recorder/display. Using a similar hood, I can see detail better on that display, so I'm just looking around to see what's out there.
I WISH there was a Windows Phone DJI app, since my main phone, a Nokia Lumia 1520, has a GREAT 6" display that performs so well in sunlight. Oh well...

Having conversations on how I am able to use my Nexus 7 (2012) 1st Gen tablet with my P3P with no issues and no lag.... Thought I would post how I set it up. I saw this post on DJI's forum. Since I have the tablet laying around, I gave it a shot.

1: Reset you tablet to factory default, after is is updated with lastest Lolipop Firmware.
2: Install Zapper Task Killer
3: Select all selectable processes using Zapper, and Kill All.
4: Install DJI Pilot From Dji Download section on the website(Make sure you allow installation of softwares from unknown sources).
5: Go in Apps option and manually select all apps, and disable notifications for every single app you can do so.
6: Go in App Store and disable automatic updating of all apps, by clicking the 3 dots on the top corner.
7: Go in developer options of your tablet and set "Logger buffer sizes" to 256K(Not sure if it's important but seams to have helped for me).
8: Reopen Zapper again and Kill all processes again
9: Kill all processes again using Zapper(Yes why not twice
tongue.gif
!)
10: Open Dji Pilot and login to your account
11: Plug your remote, and then turn it on
12: Turn on you Phantom 3
14: Enjoy Lag Free flights...

Also I advise you set ALL animation options in the Developer options to OFF ! To increase performance even better.

I did everything except for the Zapper Task Killer, I enabled usb debuggingand I have been golden with not one hiccup.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

bidaw
I wouldn't use a task killer. Android should manage everything on its own. A task killer could cause more issues/delays than not having it at all.

Yeah, I use a matte screen protector and a sun shade made of a cardboard on really sunny days. Works great for me.

What screen protector are you using? Is it a "stay-on" or can it be used just for situations like this? Thanks.

Elfman12, it's the stay on kind. I always tend to get the matte protectors for my phones and tablets. I'm outside so much.

Works on my LG G3 fine, but wanted a larger screen. I tried a Nexus 7 Gen 1 and lag was terrible. Could have been the latest version of android, which seems to slow things down considerably. Didn't bother trying to downgrade back to an older version though so that may make a difference. I purchased a Nexus 7 Gen 2 and it works flawlessly so far. No issues or lag. Clear screen and not too bad outside. Don't think there's a better option for the price (especially that's on the DJI list of compatable devices) and since it has GPS, great for nav in the car or video.

I bought one used and the battery life is absolutely terrible. It's lost 30% just sitting here since this morning with airplane mode on.

Anyone else had this issue?

With all the complaints about Galaxy Tablets suffering from lag I am considering getting an iPad 2 Mini but would rather stick with Android.

I haven't heard any complaints from the Nexus users, are they working ok? It's a cheaper alternative to Apple.

I have the google services problem on my android. And it also doesn't run quite as smooth as my iPhone 6 Plus.. If you want the most reliable device it needs to be iOS for the time being.

I bought one used and the battery life is absolutely terrible
I've never had this issue. You said it was used, maybe that was why it was sold? I'd download a battery app like "Battery Doctor" or "Juice Defender" from the play store. Apps like these offer options to see what's draining your battery and optimize the devices battery use. If that doesn't help and the issue is actually a bad battery, I'd contact support at Asus, get a RMA/Repair authorization and send it in for repair. I've sent a tablet to them before and although the communications were poor, the turnaround was fast, the problem was fixed and there was no charge in my case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31