Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Nexus 7 2013 - Cheap but not the best option?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by t2adze, Jul 17, 2016.

1. t2adze

Hey ALl

I got this tablet, which is pretty nice as tablet, but the problem is that it is not stable.
    Sometimes it lags, sometimes it doesn't. I understand i shouldn't expect it to be butter-smooth like ipad air is, but still i am trying to get the best out of it, with no lag.

Developer mode tricks- ALL DONE. Restartingbefore every flight.
    I don't know what else can i do.

In developer mode i enabled usb debugging and disabled animations. Nothing else is installed on the tablet besides DJI go.

Any other solutions?

2. SnoozeDoggyDog

What version of software are you running?

I run a Nexus 7 2013 with no issues (not the cellular version, I cache maps pre flight). No particular arsing about with it. Switch on, I get the usual "do I want to use dji or litchi", I select litchi and away i go. Turn off WiFi if you don't need it. Maybe go into apps in settings and see what's running, check memory usage. Also check how much free storage you have left

Digdat0 likes this.
  3. Reed L

Install 360 Security, run it right before the next flight and see if that does it. I don't turn off the tablets, I just run 360 and it kills all running apps leaving it ready to fly.

4. Digdat0

I love my nexus ... I have three apps installed, a file manager, Dji go and litchi. Nothing else, it's dedicated to the phantom. Works great, never an issue.

Have you done a factory reset and limit the apps you install?

5. t2adze

Yes it is also dedicated for phantom. Only dji go installed right after fresh factory reset.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. Vertigo

Are you sure your problem is with the tablet? I mean, did you run it on the ipad, or are you just assuming its better on an ipad?

7. t2adze

Im assuming. Its not terrible on nexus either. Its just not smooth as it was on s5.

8. Doink

What version of Android is it running, the bare minimum I believe is 4.4 kitkat, has it had jellybeans or lollipop updates?

9. t2adze

I think i have updated it to the latest recently. (Sorry i dont have it with me atm to check)

10. Wibble

Remember 3 years old is pretty dated the way technology moves! **** good tablet in it's day and still better than Apple lol.

11. Vertigo

It's a nexus tablet so it gets early and many updates.. My nexus 7 runs android 6 marshmellow and I expect it will run android n soon enough

12. cdronefly

I used one for a while - it is the best bargain (about $100 used) machine - that is, the later version of it.

I now use my 6s iphone and ipad mini 2 (bought used....with cellular - about $230).

I think it depends on whether you are a hobbyist or a perfectionist. For those willing to put up with some burps, the Nexus is fine.

t2adze likes this.