Next step 550 Flame Wheel

FangsCPO said:
Fink said:
jondrew said:
I've still got far more to do with my P2 than I have time for (add the Ground station that's been sitting on the bench, bind my Futaba and I just ordered a Flytrex). Most of this stuff will find its way onto the 550. I'm also watching Craigslist to see if a 550 shows up. There were a couple out there in the Melbourne and St Pete areas, but they were pretty built up and more expensive than I want to spend for something used.Probably older and don't have the E300 motor/prop kits

Where are you located?

I was looking at that same ARF kit but would also be interested in the RTF kit minus the radio.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

That's a great question but I'm guessing not since part of the RTF deal they offer is that they calibrate it for you amd make sure it can fly right out of the box. Just sell the radio when you get it. It's worth $99 at Heli-pal....sell it for $50.

That makes sense. There's no way they can calibrate/test fly it without a radio in it. I guess I could add it to my collection of RTF Txs sitting in the closet.

I think I want the ARF and spend the time assembling it. I almost bought the one at my LHS but realized it did not have the E300/self tightening prop combo helipal sells for pretty much the same price.

Definitely get the newer version. They say it's so much better. I'll find out soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FangsCPO said:
Definitely get the newer version. They say it's so much better. I'll find out soon.

Of course now I have to decide between the E300 and E600. Can't they make this simple!

jondrew said:
FangsCPO said:

Of course now I have to decide between the E300 and E600. Can't they make this simple!

E300. The 550 isn't really the right platform for the kind of weight the E600 is designed for...they would give you a ton of overhead that you would never get your money's worth for.

OI Photography said:
E300. The 550 isn't really the right platform for the kind of weight the E600 is designed for...they would give you a ton of overhead that you would never get your money's worth for.

I believe the recommended props won't work - or at least DJI says they won't on the 550. See the chart. Here's one of them (all are the same): http://www.empirerc.com/dji-e600-tuned- ... -7874.html

Note that they will work on 450 quads

Of course, you could make them work (extend the arms).

I was thinking of doing something crazy like that - but talked myself out of it when I looked at cost vs just going up in size from the 550. Also, I was worried about arm flex with the stock stuff that is out there.

ladykate said:
OI Photography said:

I believe the recommended props won't work - or at least DJI says they won't on the 550. See the chart. Here's one of them (all are the same): http://www.empirerc.com/dji-e600-tuned- ... -7874.html

Note that they will work on 450 quads

Of course, you could make them work (extend the arms).

I was thinking of doing something crazy like that - but talked myself out of it when I looked at cost vs just going up in size from the 550. Also, I was worried about arm flex with the stock stuff that is out there.

Good point, I forgot the 12" blades with the full E600 kit won't even work on a 550 with the stock arms. I'm about to test some 12" options on mine (it's actually 650mm with the extended arms), but those are as big as I can use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers