Next Question

Reaction score
Hello....First P3P flight TODAY!!!
is it ok to use a Small table for Take off and Landing Pad ( HOME)???
wondering if 3ft Height of table would cause a Problem w elevation DATA!!
Thanks Again

It would be fine for taking off. Depending on the size though, it might be tricky landing on it in windy conditions. I prefer to hand catch when I'm not able to land on the ground.

Elevated take off and landing is definitely a good idea when the take off or landing area is sand or loose dirt. Protect those motors from bad conditions and the won't let you down.

I use a small plastic folding table. Think I bought it at Walmart. It has no metal parts. Also at times bring a folding plastic chair. 8*)

I often launch from a small hexagonal table in my yard. If its not too windy, I'll try to land there as well. It does not make a good home point for RTH though.

Bright orange Home Depot bucket lid. Encourages precision landing practice, keeps the bird off the ground, takes no room in the truck, and causes no problems if I miss the edge or drift/wind pushes it off the edge at the last second.

I use my travel case to launch from when the surrounding terrain isn't suitable. It puts me above the tall grass or off rough ground. Floor mats from the car work well too.

+1 for hand catching. I've seen more than one drone with the special "flat top" props due to a bad landing on the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4