Next Phantom?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am currently looking into getting the Phantom 3 advanced or pro, I wondering if I should hold out and wait for the next phantom to come out. If you go to the DJI home page right now there is something for CES which is January 6-9. On this page about CES they show a Phantom. I am assuming this means that they will possibly release a new phantom at the conference? Should I wait for this conference to happen before buying a phantom?

Maybe and maybe not.
We saw an interesting rumour in the last week but there's nothing definite and there have been lots more rumours than new models launched.
What was rumoured looks like it would be significantly more expensive than the current Phantoms.
Whenever you buy a P3, you're going to get a great machine that's far beyond anything the competition is offering so far.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Maybe and maybe not.
We saw an interesting rumour in the last week but there's nothing definite and there have been lots more rumours than new models launched.
What was rumoured looks like it would be significantly more expensive than the current Phantoms.
Whenever you buy a P3, you're going to get a great machine that's far beyond anything the competition is offering so far.

What sort of rumors? Could you give me a link to something? It's fine if you can't. Do you think the current P3 prices might get dropped? What could we see in a more expensive one?

What sort of rumors? Could you give me a link to something? It's fine if you can't. Do you think the current P3 prices might get dropped? What could we see in a more expensive one?
I Was looking for the rumors and can't find anything yet, I'm hoping that the next phantom comes around June or juky

DJI has been releasing a new Phantom every year, so it's likely we'll see a new model next year.

So do you think I should wait for that conference to pass before buying a phantom?

I Was looking for the rumors and can't find anything yet, I'm hoping that the next phantom comes around June or juky
i hope nothing is coming out in JUKY as the month hasnt even been invented yet...we will be waiting for bloody ages!! :(:D

So do you think I should wait for that conference to pass before buying a phantom?
DJI will no doubt release a Phantom at some point next year. It most likely won't be in January though -- even if they do announce something new.

they would be making a questionable decision to launch a new consumer drone before April/May. It wouldn't be equitable to release something that would distract from the very active P3 lineup. Late spring would be just the right time for those who've had the P3 for a year to upgrade, as well as attract new buyers who want a warm weather hobby. imo anyway.

Do most upgrade every year? For example, what was the significant difference between a P2 and P3? I mean if I was a hardcore pilot, I can see the reason for the upgrade every year.

For example, what was the significant difference between a P2 and P3?
Literally everything is a significant difference. I ordered the second I saw the new specs (well as fast as I could considering the DJI web store kept crashing from the traffic), and I had just gotten a V+ a few months prior. I'd imagine there are a decent group that follows the upgrade cycle... these things aren't cheap, so a certain amount of disposable income is assumed. In order for me to upgrade next year, I'd require a significant jump in flight time. A factory installed SIM tracker would be nice to have too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj