Next firmware update? When can we expect it?

Reaction score
Apologies if already covered, but I'm curious about future FW releases in terms of frequency and content?

DJI never reveals either of those items beforehand. I suspect P3 firmware updates will be winding down now though since it's an old model.

Reactions: swoot
As long as the Phantom 3 is still selling well, there will be updates.
There are just too many of us out here to peeve off...
With new drone manufacturers coming online nearly every week, DJI will want to stay on top of the heap. Continuing to support their fine products will be key.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: swoot
As long as the Phantom 3 is still selling well, there will be updates.
There are just too many of us out here to peeve off...
With new drone manufacturers coming online nearly every week, DJI will want to stay on top of the heap. Continuing to support their fine products will be key.

RedHotPoker
In that case, here's hoping ...... thanks

The finicky ways they play the firmware update game. No one but insiders know for sure.
DJI won't even divulge update contents to any degree of openness.

It's a guessing game at best. Yes, good luck.
I have a completely trouble free drone, so future updates have never been something I ponder. For those with ongoing problems, updates are often essential. Sometimes a firmware update will bring other problematic situations, so be careful. ;-)

Why are you concerned, do you have a uncooperative bird?

RedHotPoker

The finicky ways they play the firmware update game. No one but insiders know for sure.
DJI won't even divulge update contents to any degree of openness.

It's a guessing game at best. Yes, good luck.
I have a completely trouble free drone, so future updates have never been something I ponder. For those with ongoing problems, updates are often essential. Sometimes a firmware update will bring other problematic situations, so be careful. ;-)

Why are you concerned, do you have a uncooperative bird?

RedHotPoker
Valid points, thank you!
My bird is just fine, no issues, I'm just interested in future development and features but tend to be quite cautious so would always wait a while to see how others find new releases first.
Thanks again.

@swoot, Unlike others who prefer to wait and see, I'm an early adopter and fearlessly update as soon, that they are physically available. No prob'.
You need to be brave, and forge ahead... We like to believe that firmware has been thoroughly beta tested before it's release upon us.

Some feel we are all the real Guinea pigs!! Haha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Suhail78 and swoot
Obviously some on here either don't know, or haven't heard about DJI's new Mavic?

Look at the top of the page (Mavic).

I already have a Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, what would a Mavic bring?
It won't outfly my drone, nor will it be better visible far away.
Folding props and arms. Is it a pocket drone? Haha
image.jpeg

Drone racing is becoming a mainstream item and will soon be further televised for the world to see. If they tune in. Haha

Speed thrills...

RedHotPoker

I watched 2016 U.S. National drone racing just a week ago on tv. It's already here.

I watched 2016 U.S. National drone racing just a week ago on tv. It's already here.

Yes, and funnily enough, I hear your excitement/appreciation.
Please notice also that I mentioned "further"??
Ah, because there are far more, than that single event. I think we could all campaign our local sport tv stations to request the content be increased, improved and brought to us in bigger offerings. Let them know, we care!! ;-)

The younger viewing audience needs to get their wide eyes, on the prize... What a wonderful time to be involved in hobby grade RC drones. Life style. . .

RedHotPoker

Gotta like the Remote!

Handle and antenna are flip out.

1Mremote.jpg

I'm also waiting for the new FW since skiped the last one (1.9.60). Found too much trouble in the "guinea pigs" and little if any upgrades.

and little if any upgrades
Upgrades as in new features? The P3 firmware is probably in maintenance mode at this point. DJI rarely adds new features to old Phantom models.

Upgrades as in new features? The P3 firmware is probably in maintenance mode at this point. DJI rarely adds new features to old Phantom models.

msinger is correct. And you can bet with the New Mavic coming out there will be almost no updates for the P3. The only actual updates will be due other products using the same firmware. Think about how many times we've already seen the OSMO stuff listed in our aircraft's firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers