Next firmware release, 7th channel/DJI App

Mori55 said:
Doesn't work with any of the visions + firmware , never has.

Since I've used the hack tool, mine works fine even after power cycle until you turn on the app then it's disabled. And yes even after upgrading to current firmware.

That's what we are saying ! It works until you turn the app on. It's been like that on all firmware versions.

I really hope this gets released before I leave on vacation next Friday... I only have access to a Windows VM when I'm at home.

(Travel will be all Chromebook + various Android devices.)

Geert said:
Mori55 said:
It never worked with the vision, sorry your wrong on that one. :)

Yes, it worked for sure with the Vision.
I did a short video last week to demonstrate the pot on the remote control, on version 1.08 :)
The pot or the lever at the back of the remote control they use both the same 7th channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDSAI6Sbbk

Geert./.
So with 1.08 it worked even when the Vision app was connected?

I know with the current latest firmware (3.06?) - It works fine UNTIL you connect with the Vision app - the moment it connects, control from anything but the app is locked out.

I bought the $12 pot off of ebay and installed it per his install jpgs no problems. I have P2V+ and I think version 3.01 or so...I'm on vacation now no upgrades for me.

I had no idea this needed new firmware or a 7th channel to work. I fired the app up...fail. I checked my solder job...OK.

So I contact him. He says, if the app is on no workie. So I tried it with app off...works!

So I asked him, what possible use is there for this without first person view to control it? He said that's your problem and was quite right! So it's been a cool looking fixture for 1 month now.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.

I just received this one -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/261485274234 and wanted to ask if it could cause any problems if I install it before the new firmware adding 7'th channel support is released? After what I've read so far nothing will happen other than the 7'th channel will stop working the moment I start the DJI Vision app, is that correct?

Is there an ETA for the new firmware version and does someone know if there's a mailing list I could sign up to to be notified when new firmware versions etc are released?

WebMaximus said:
I just received this one -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/261485274234 and wanted to ask if it could cause any problems if I install it before the new firmware adding 7'th channel support is released? After what I've read so far nothing will happen other than the 7'th channel will stop working the moment I start the DJI Vision app, is that correct?

You can go ahead and install it now. I have mine on and ready awaiting channel 7 support.

OK, thanks guys!

Will see if I can find some good tutorial on how to install the lever but looking at the contents it shouldn't be that hard I guess ;)

Then I also need to calibrate the 7'th channel using the DJI Phantom 2 Vistion Assistant software, correct?

Its an easy install. Open the case and drop the metal shaft inside, seat the shaft into the pot as you close the case and the rest is done from the outside.

As far as the calibration you might as well just wait until DJI releases it and I would think all the documentation you need will be there :)

This is the answer I received from DJI when I asked them about the Firmware Update.

"Thank you so much for your email.
We are working on it, please kindly keep en eye on our official website, once released, we will announce."

Hopefully not too far away...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20