Newsdump becoming more of a dump than news?

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the weekly email notification going down the drain? The weekly NewsDump seems to be increasingly less News and more Dump. Many links to idiot screw-ups, fewer of interest to those who've flown for even a few months.

The list of links gets longer, with tales of disaster, many because of newbie untutored error, and fewer truly informational posts. By the time I've waded thru all of them I've found at most 2-3 I can relate to, and I'm a relative 6-month newbie at age 75.

Maybe sort them somehow so as not to waste the time of those who are not total noobs? Sure, put them into categories and allow oldies to see them, but not have to wade thru the kiddie pool to get to the deep end?

As I said, I'm a relative noob at age 75 and was first exposed to the possibilities of drone photo/video on a 12-day live-aboard dive trip last September in Indonesia, but I've learned fairly fast: [shot on that trip by others]
Search Vimeo for Burghard.
See Paradise Found, shot on that trip, using a Phantom 3 Pro for the aerial shots.

Even at 75, I'm still going, driving my 2009 Nissan GT-R to the grocery store about twice a week, and elsewhere:
[Best full-screen with headphones].

So wot's up with the younger, more reckless but not Wreckless generation. Just getting dumber? Sounds about right to me.

I await your rants.

DiverDan

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20