newest member

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently purchased the phantom 2 vision. I am new to the UAV Drone world and have been a big proponent against the use of drones in society. However, I have come to realize that they are here, I can not change that, and I want to get in front of the revolution. I see that there is a world behind the mass media introversion of what drones are and how they can be used. Watching the many videos available online, I have come to see the beauty behind their use and what it is they and I can show the world. I am now hooked, lol.

Is it weird that now I look at life from the point of view of first person? Or is that the new norm?

flight-of-eye

Hello and welcome.

It's amazing how the perception changes if instead of "drone" you call it a "remote controlled quadcopter with a camera"! I also think it's a societal thing. Here in the UK, for example, there hasn't been such a big deal made about privacy or jurisdiction, and the commercial use of UAVs is legal and governed by the CAA provided you pass certain qualifications and work to a professional Ops Manual, etc. We're starting to see them used on TV programmes more and more, and so on. It's funny how people don't worry so much about Police choppers with much more powerful cameras than we've got, including IR for night vision, etc. When you fly a "drone" you soon realise that the only way you can invade someone's privacy to a greater extent than driving past their property on a public road and looking in, or looking from a neighbouring house upstairs window, is to hover so close in as to make yourself pretty **** obvious!

If everyone, regardless of jurisdiction, flies safely, with courtesy and respect for others and their property then we'll all get along just fine. People have been playing with RC aircraft and cameras for years. It was only the label "drone" that's changed opinion. Maybe we should ban the word from the forums?! ;)

Wow, that is a great and indeed deep reply. I to agree with the idea of the word behind the means. it is just that, a societal dilemma. The general public is going to see that which is in front of them and not look to what is beyond the eye. if we open it up to what can be and is the other side of the so called "drones" then society we be able to overcome the anxiety of fear.

My general motto is, look beyond what the eye can see, for there is were you will find the answer.

I look forward to the new adventure of UAV and what it has to offer,

To those of us who fly them, our "drones" are just another RC aircraft with cameras attached allowing us to not only frame our shots perfectly to take incredible photos and movies, but also to provide us with views from aloft that allow us to more readily see where we're flying in realtime.

To the masses who are unfamiliar & the tabloid media who aspire to stir trouble out of their ignorance, "drones" too often connote images of government & law enforcement spy drones 'whose sole function' is to invade our privacy to collect information about our personal activities without specific cause, warrant, or consent. Heavy sigh.

The camera seems to be the first thing that grabs people's attention & pulls their 'emergency cord'. Fears of 'invasion of privacy' may immediately follow. We can't control what people imagine or fear, but we can certainly educate and demonstrate their utility, entertainment valu, & artistic capabilities thru our own good use & RC piloting behavior.

I've said it many times, the Phantom Vision is an amazing work of avionics & video technology and all who own one can agree they're a blast to fly and the images they capture can be stunningly mesmerizing to all who view them. It was created by a smart man consulted by a smarter professor and fine tuned & augmented by some brilliant students. Their crowning accomplishment has yet to be released but will undoubtedly "blow everyone's minds" when they do... GroundStation for Vision is just weeks, perhaps only days away from its global debut and will require no hardware upgrades whatsoever.

Once you've thoroughly checked-out & remedied any lurking bugs which the members of this forum have systematically unearthed & generously shared solutions for, and once you've confirmed a few trouble-free flights you, like most of us here, will not regret having acquired your Phantom 2 Vision.

Congratulations & Welcome to the Vision forum!
iDrone :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.