Newcomer and advice needed

Reaction score
Hi
I've decided to take the plunge and purchase a Phantom. I've done a fair bit of research and from what I can see the phantom is the best value for money within my limited budget.

I do have experience with radio control models. My interest is more with fpv rather than photography. I don't really want to fork out £800 for a vision as my first model. Ideally what I would like is to fly using fpv longish range.

I do like the fc40 but I understand that fpv range is about 100 metres? Would it be a better idea to buy a basic phantom then add a long range fpv system?..how difficult would this be?

Or am I trying to run before I can walk..and just go for an fc40?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Paul

paulsutt said:
Hi
I've decided to take the plunge and purchase a Phantom. I've done a fair bit of research and from what I can see the phantom is the best value for money within my limited budget.

I do have experience with radio control models. My interest is more with fpv rather than photography. I don't really want to fork out £800 for a vision as my first model. Ideally what I would like is to fly using fpv longish range.

I do like the fc40 but I understand that fpv range is about 100 metres? Would it be a better idea to buy a basic phantom then add a long range fpv system?..how difficult would this be?

Or am I trying to run before I can walk..and just go for an fc40?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Paul

If you've narrowed it down to a Phantom, you still have a number of choices, especially if you don't mind going the "pre-owned but lightly used" route. There are some phenomenal deals to be had on the original Phantom 2 Vision at the moment, since the Phantom 2 Vision Plus was recently released.

Since your primary use for the aircraft isn't going to be photography, you really don't have much need for a gimbal. Picking up a new Phantom 2 (non vision), without the gimbal, and adding a GoPro camera to it, and all the bits you'd need for FPV might be a good option for you. This URL show an advanced kit and pricing...

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Advanced- ... ntom+2+fpv

This kit claims FPV out to 600 meters...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4