Newby having video issues

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I just received my PV2+ yesterday and did an 8 minute flight with video. Having some issues trying to watch the video on my computer, though. What steps have people taken to start viewing video? I'm running a Dell 6430 ATG with Windows 7 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
SpacemanSpiff

Trying to read from the SD card. I'm copying it to my dropbox account right now to see if I can pull it up on my ipad.

try copying the file from the sd card to your computer,
and the just double click on it and it should open in
your default viewer.

Not sure what the hell I did, but now it works! Does this classify me as a Grade A Newb? Thanks for the help, everyone.

Two things come to mind even though you got it working -

1) Make sure you stop the recording at least a minute before turning of the phantom as it takes a while to fully write the buffered material and close the file.

2) 1080p video is demanding to play on older, lower spec machines, sometimes they can barely play 720p

The video is not an unusual format and should play on most installed players so long as not on a very old codec pack, if struggling free VLC will definitely play it no problems at all.

"1) Make sure you stop the recording at least a minute before turning of the phantom as it takes a while to fully write the buffered material and close the file."

Yep, that was it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31