Newby from ft worth

Reaction score
Hi,
I tried the cheap drones with out GPS, Great for working on flying skills, but very hard to control. So broke down and bought a p3s . Watched and learned till my head exploded .lol , Havnt went on first flight yet will soon. Will be in beginners mode for a while .

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: tjpeppers
thx, I have a pelican case , Its was used in Iraq for a hell fire light for an 50 cal , Big enough , replacing the foam to house the drone with its remote and battery .

Reactions: Nate-xt
Welcome to the forum tjpeppers .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

DJI_0002.JPG
Just completed first flight ,in beginner mode . Going to be there till im good enough lol have video so impressed that the wind was hard but the craft stayed stable the video looked great , I used a promark vr , good toy but so hard to fly and frustrated the mess out of me , If i would have flown that thing it would have blown away. How do u do videos on here? thx

Touch the camera on the right on ipad above the round record button dji go app and it will turn to movie camera. Good luck , this site is the best. Son in Keller has pro awaiting mavic. I live and fly at Lake Tawakoni. Maybe we make acquaintance someday. Enjoy

I figured out the camera on the drone spent today putting together a video , would like to post it when im done with the editing .thx

Touch the camera on the right on ipad above the round record button dji go app and it will turn to movie camera. Good luck , this site is the best. Son in Keller has pro awaiting mavic. I live and fly at Lake Tawakoni. Maybe we make acquaintance someday. Enjoy
Im on the south west ft worth, Lake benbrook , Not to lie ,im afraid to get near water lol

Enjoy hobbies where you never stop learning. Spent holiday at in-laws on Lake Granbury. Never tried beg. mode , been in air with helis for years biggest is Trex 700 but it's gettin dusty since the phantom but still a go to if I need adrenaline , will never be good enough to lose my fear knowing how many lose thier life with those machines. Only got shakey with phantom once headed over lake , high wind , could barely see it and didn't seem to be responding , only and 1st time hit panic RTH and here she come. Still worried about down guys on cell tower so I cancelled RTH but now easy to see got'r home. Have fun they almost fly themselves and the panic button works. lol

I spent the last three days studying everything, FAA, manuals , lots and lots of u tube, simulated flights, and everything i can read watch absorb . finding how big the drone world is. My back and hip went bad being retired 20 plus years infantry and too silly to re-class. oh well, I cant ride my bike anymore,so traded on expensive hobby for another . I bought an older diesel motor home this year. Plan to travel and take videos and pics. I"m too programmed by the army, Training mission applying what i learned .lol first flight I tested the Auto flight features. Trained doing maneuvers with the drone and auto landing and manual landing . My flight plan looked like someone scribbled the map with a pin in my 100 ft bubble . I,m strange I'll come out of my bubble soon ,lol

I spent the last three days studying everything, FAA, manuals , lots and lots of u tube, simulated flights, and everything i can read watch absorb . finding how big the drone world is. My back and hip went bad being retired 20 plus years infantry and too silly to re-class. oh well, I cant ride my bike anymore,so traded on expensive hobby for another . I bought an older diesel motor home this year. Plan to travel and take videos and pics. I"m too programmed by the army, Training mission applying what i learned .lol first flight I tested the Auto flight features. Trained doing maneuvers with the drone and auto landing and manual landing . My flight plan looked like someone scribbled the map with a pin in my 100 ft bubble . I,m strange I'll come out of my bubble soon ,lol
Truly relate. Too many yrs. up tele. poles and comm.towers. 3 low back surgeries and both hips replaced. Son is master gunner deployed 4th time , can't pronounce country much less spell it. Let me know when you RV to this lands only rainforest . the HOH is my fav place , top of bucket list , want to spend my last days there. Caretaker of lg lake ranch need to see if I can accomplish something today. Have a great day.

I stuck this video in another thread , Just so neat on how different my experience depending on the equipment.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic