Newbies, please read this...

Very nice list. I wish I had seen a list like this before I did almost everything on it wrong.
To the guys that gripe about newbies asking the same questions over and over, I don't understand why you feel obligated to answer them. If they bother you why not just ignore them. This is a great board and there is an absolute ton of info on it. Believe me when I say I'm not complaining about my job and the extraordinary amount of my time it requires - I'm lucky to have a good job. I have found that the little amount of time I have for recreation is extremely valuable to me. The Phantom and all that comes with flying it has really been a lot of fun and I wish I had the time to dig into the details of the technology like some. My military background was working on navigation systems of aircraft and missiles so believe me when I say I understand the importance of reading the manuals. However, part of the problem is that the manuals that I have received from DJI and others are unbelievably poorly written, incomplete, poorly translated and often fully of errors. Boards like this are a life saver. So yes, people should read all the past threads, learn how to use the boards search function, and stop bothering guys like you with dumb *** questions. Fortunately, there are a lot of users on this board that are willing to help people out anyway.

I would add another that has bitten me a couple of times. Before you panic about something not working, double and triple check all the connections you can. Plugs and connectors can work loose over time - even under tape.

My only add on which I got from this forum is when in trouble, go up. Saved me from my only so far incident.

Werz said:
Can I replace the camera with a GoPro? :mrgreen:
Sorry but thats not relevent to the this thread...start a new one with your question. Its called hijacking.

Made this a sticky and left a shadow topic here so it can be seen in both locations. ;)

Great!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Great post.. Just a thought about newbees.. We all have been there.. But maybe a way to eliminate all the repeat questions is to not allow a new member (newbee) post until they have been a member of this forum for a week or some amount of time or some amount of browsing.. Just a thought..

quadcopter said:
Great post.. Just a thought about newbees.. We all have been there.. But maybe a way to eliminate all the repeat questions is to not allow a new member (newbee) post until they have been a member of this forum for a week or some amount of time or some amount of browsing.. Just a thought..

bit harsh, that's what mods are for.

Awesome.

Another suggestion for the list: download the "Pilot Training Guide" from the DJI web site, and work your way through the graduated series of lessons in it. It'll teach you all the essentials of flying the Phantom.

Newbie Request: Would it be possible to add a sticky with a list of acronyms + short description that are used during drone speak, such as POV, FPV, IOC, RTH, NAVA, NAVA-M, etc. (and any others that come up)? I'm slowly figuring them out, but a complete list would be quite helpful for beginners like myself. Thanks.

MapMaker53 said:
Newbie Request: Would it be possible to add a sticky with a list of acronyms + short description that are used during drone speak, such as POV, FPV, IOC, RTH, NAVA, NAVA-M, etc. (and any others that come up)? I'm slowly figuring them out, but a complete list would be quite helpful for beginners like myself. Thanks.
There is now a Sticky on acronyms in the General Forum.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Brettly said:
quadcopter said:

bit harsh, that's what mods are for.

Unfortunately, the search function on these boards is pretty crippled. If the search was a bit better, there would probably be less repeat questions.
Almost everything comes up "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words:"

Personally, I've resorted to using google for search followed by "site:phantompilots.com"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj