Newbie's first calibration and lesson learnt !

Reaction score
Did my first calibration this morning and found that the LEDs were going steady green only after the vertical rotation and not as the manual says, "after the horizontal rotation.

After a bit of head scratching I found out why. I was flicking the S1 switch with the aircraft on the ground and then picking the aircraft up to do the calibration. Holding the aircraft at the level it was going to be calibrated at whilst flicking the S1 switch solved the problem immediately....dooooh !

That's strange - because I do the switch flicking with the Vision on the ground.
Then I put the controller down, pick up the vision and do both rotations - and it works fine.

They go solid green after the first rotation, where the Vision is in it's normal, upright position.

Then they go flashing green after the second rotation, where you're turning it like a steering wheel.

Have you read Pull Up's post about holding the Vision above you on the first rotation so you can look up and see the lights as you turn, then have the back of the Vision facing you on the second rotation so again you can see the lights. Won't fix your issue, but might make it easier to see what's going on.

Nice of you not to mention the reason I do it is because it's getting increasingly more difficult to get up after bending all the way down there... ;)

But yes, once you've entered calibration mode if you hold the aircraft by the skid uprights with bent elbows it positions it nicely at eye level, then you can rotate yourself around like a numpty, once you get the solid light signal just tip it nose-down and hold it by the skids themselves in the same way and revolve again.

Not likely, YouTube got all shirty with me the other day over my IOC one saying they weren't convinced I had the rights to use everything in my video. As there was no music in the vid I can only think it was either the Lego or Lucasfilm references that they weren't happy about. I have replied saying "fair use" - it's obvious I'm just using them as an "educational tool" - and put a disclaimer in my description, but if that vid disappears you know why...

when you change from Vison mode to NazaM. You no longer completely flip the s1 switch through all three positions 6-10 times correct?
When in NazaM you one flip S1 from GPS to Atti GPS Atti GPS Atti and so on for 6-10 times correct?
You do not go all the way to the third Failsafe position?
Am I wrong?

This is how I understand the Quick Start guide for the Naza M V2 on page 11 for Compass Calibration. http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.22_en.pdf
I'm kind of slow so I may have misinterpreted something..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20