Ok thanks, that has done it now lol :-( do I get the phantom standard which nearly have money for, or wait a bit longer and get the advanced? And if I wait longer to save for advanced will the prices go back up and then I'm back to square one? ??? Will the prices stay the same after this big unveiling on March 1st? Or will they go down even further????

standard is a great choice

Tbh, I can get really good range on my standard, I believe the standard from the camera for photos is exactly the same, and the video on he standard is really very good and how often you gonna fly a mile away?

Thanks, just in two minds about them both now? Don't think I fly it out of view! Others have commented better controller on advanced and does not lose signal as much??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Need some help here please? Phantom standard? Or advanced? Seen new standard for £449 and advanced for £699? Plus heard a lot people mentioned stress cracks on arms
Topic on loosening all screws on it to prevent stress cracks? Thanks

get the advanced

Yeah..Advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I swear this hobby reminds me so much of the desktop computers of the 1980s and 90s.

Rule of thumb is get the best. If you can't get the best, get the second best. What you don't want to do is get the third best because your machine will be outdated in an eye blink.

Personally, I would get the Advanced even if you have to wait a little bit to save more money. There is a chance the price will come down, but even if it doesn't, you will likely find you're kicking yourself later for not getting the more advanced Lightbridge technology - especially with the apparent new and even more advanced Phantom being announced in four days.

Hi, thanks for feedback, sounds like most are towards the phantom 3 advanced. I think I am heading that way to lol:-D.
Seems a lot of money but some people will spend that on the latest phones. Each to they own. Thank you.

Lightbridge nicer controller will fly farther

Potential longer distance flying is one of the great differences between the two... As mentioned above - Lightbridge instead of wifi!! Other things as well.. If you already have prior flying experience, and you're moving up, no doubt the standard would be a great next step, BUT with and Advanced you could still advance slowly, but you'd also have secured the step after that, with the Phantom Advanced... Good luck.

plus with standard you start doing upgrades and wow could bought advance for what have in standard

Hi, thanks for information on the phantom advanced very helpful indeed. Just another thought everyone has spent all they hard earn money on these drones, and I see a lot of people complaining about stress cracks on motor arms? Surely dji have solved this problem now with the newer models being sold at present time? And is from standard through to professional model's? Have read fixes from untighen all screws a bit when out of box to putting prop gaurd bases on to prevent cracks? Any information in this topic would be very grateful from you wise people.

buy it fly it don't worry if it does crack under warranty

one thing I due to make flying a lot easier is after get it up and away from me I put it into home lock mode that way with sticks go left go right push forward or go backwards doesn't matter which way bird is pointed don't have to worry about it

Yes fair enough it's under warranty, but that's the last thing on your mind when you spend all this money to be sending back to get repairs, but I do see your valued point. I suppose it's like you said buy fly it and have fun!

I swear this hobby reminds me so much of the desktop computers of the 1980s and 90s.

Rule of thumb is get the best. If you can't get the best, get the second best. What you don't want to do is get the third best because your machine will be outdated in an eye blink.

Personally, I would get the Advanced even if you have to wait a little bit to save more money. There is a chance the price will come down, but even if it doesn't, you will likely find you're kicking yourself later for not getting the more advanced Lightbridge technology - especially with the apparent new and even more advanced Phantom being announced in four days.
ZX Spectrum 48k then... :)

Wait till after dji announcement on March 1st ,and check prices to see if same or have come down more? I think quite a few are doing this wait and see[emoji857]anyhow a lot of things will be clearer then[emoji4] I liked the zx spectrums [emoji106]

Well still set on a phantom advanced around £650 mark +accerioes. But the phantom 4 sure looks cool and avoidance censors is great! Is jumping to a phantom 4 straight away mad? Should I wait till Christmas when they be deals on and by then any bugs fixed and watch p4 you tube videos and dream? I'm I like a spolt kid and wants the best you in the shop, maybe? Or jump straight to the future or drones and have year's of fun?

Go for the advanced,it's at a bargain price at the moment and it is a fantastic machine, I had a mate that got the standard and took it back to jessops in Sheffield and they swapped it for the advanced because he was loosing signal all the time. The extra cash for the 4 is not worth it in my opinion.

Hi, thanks for the advice. That's what I was thinking towards the phantom advanced. Was also going to buy from jessops in hull. The phantom 4 is good but be paying double in cash? Did you're mate have any problems about stress cracks on the advanced? Or is it just me panicking about them as I hear a lot about them on this forum:)
Thanks for advice and useful information as always on this forum which is great to see.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers