Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by first_flyer 76, Feb 17, 2015.

1. first_flyer 76

Hi I'm trying to get some answers in purchasing the vision +2 I have never owned to piloted with anything like this I want to take videos and still do any of these quad copter come with go pro PR can someone help me in finding the right set up thanks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

3. Stanza_guy

Start with a relatively inexpensive, small, quad 'trainer', that can take hundreds of crashes, and be flown indoors without wrecking up your house.

You can get a Syma UFO from Amazon for under $40 - http://www.amazon.com/Syma-Channel-2-4G ... s=syma+ufo

But I would recommend you spend a bit more money and get something with fairly easy to replace parts - I learned on a Blade Nano.(About $80 with a controller) I'm not trying to push one brand over another, I'm sure there are plenty of great QC's out there. I've seen other brands at the local hobby shop with built in nano-cameras and FPV. But the point is, learn the basics on something small, durable, and inexpensive.

4. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post in the correct area. I will move this from 'News' to 'Vision+' for you. ;)

5. first_flyer 76

Hey thanks so much for the tips I truly was thinking of what you said stanza_guy it makes sense to learn on something small the get a bit of flying time then trying something else can you recommend something that would be good with some what of a good camera

6. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The Phantom flies much easier than any "trainer drone".

7. msinger

Approved Vendor

Meta4, you're not kidding! I have a Syma X12 -- and crash that thing constantly. Never crashed my Phantom though.

#7 msinger, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  8. mede8er

The Phantom is the best trainer IMO....

9. Stanza_guy

For certain, I agree that a Phantom is much easier to fly, but I would still suggest that anyone who has never flown a quad before should probably get a few hours of flight time on a sub $100 platform before heading out to the park with a substantially more costly loaded up rig.

10. kirk2579

+1 on trainer /practice

After running my vision plus into garage door frame and killing 3 props I bought a Phantom 1 used to practice flying without the fear

Also got the sysma 5 for inside crashing/flying, tough little thing!

11. eseckinger

Syma x5c.1 is the quad of choice to train on. $65 shipped.

12. BlackTracer

I jumped right in and my first RC ever was a P2V. I got my current P2V+ less than a month later (May 2014 - returned the P2V to Amazon). I just studied and followed directions and keep studying to this day and have never crashed or even had a hard landing. I don't think most people need a training quad. The Phantom about flies itself. Just my opinion.

13. landmannnn

But.. the micro quads get the desire to play out of your system ..we are all just big kids really

14. first_flyer 76

That video is crazy how far you went mede8r I looked into the syma x12 I think that would be a good starting flyer for are the parts hard to find if I break anything also is there anything to protect the rotor's once thanks for everyone help