Reaction score
Hi all, I've just ordered a phantom 3 standard and was wondering about spare batteries as it only lasts about 20 minutes, does the remote last a lot longer or will I need to order a battery for both the phantom and the remote?

Many thanks

the transmitter uses a rechargeable battery and cannot be changed out. The transmitter will last a lot longer than the aircraft battery.

The remote controller will likely last for 20+ flights.

Oh great thanks for that, is it worth buying a spare battery? If so where's the best place? Sorry for all the questions but as I say I'm new.

A spare battery for the remote controller? DJI does not sell spare batteries. Even if they did, you'd have to disassemble your remote controller to replace it.

A spare battery for your drone is always helpful, but buy original ones, not aftermarket. Afterall, it's the battery that keeps your drone in the air. If that fails...... well you know the rest

Very true, I've been looking on eBay but how do I know if they are original or where can I get an original one from?

So far, all of the real DJI batteries for the P3 drones I've seen had a big PHANTOM printed in one of the tri-panels on one side of the battery. All of the non-DJI batteries I've seen did not have that word printed on it. The real DJI batteries have rather bright LEDs. The non-DJI batteries have dimmer LEDs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic