Newbie with questions

Reaction score
Flew my phantom 3 standard for the first time this weekend at our farm. Made 5 flights all fairly flawless but couple questions. 1) I'm using a galaxy 6 for my pilot app screen. The conditions were bright sunny day and lot of snow cover. I had a real difficult time seeing the screen even when I tried to shade it. Is there a better device for viewing on bright sunny days? 2) and there is a fairly large microwave tower on the neighbors ground about 200 from our north border. Is that something that could cause interference and cause a fly away? Thanks

A sunshade will help some but I found that if placed my tablet or phone in a small cardboard box spray painted black works best for me. A K-Cups coffee box works great and with some Velcro will still attach to your transmitter. Make sure your adaptive brightness is turned off and the display is set to maximum brightness. Stay away from any large metal structures as these will reduce your birds ability to receive a signal and could confuse the compass, not to mention that flying into the path of an active microwave signal isn't a good idea and could get you tossed in jail for disrupting communications or a broadcast signal

Is there a better device for viewing on bright sunny days?
No device handles sun well. Finding a good location with a shady tree behind you is about the best you can do.
Is there a better device for viewing on bright sunny days?
2) and there is a fairly large microwave tower on the neighbors ground about 200 from our north border. Is that something that could cause interference and cause a fly away?
If the tower is 200 yards away it will have no impact. No-one can say how close is too close but you'd probably be fine 50 feet away.
In any case, interference might upset your video on the screen or in extreme cases make your controls difficult but it won't make your Phantom fly away.

Thanks for the feedback. It just happen to have a K Cups coffee box in the cupboard. Definitely staying away from the tower. thanks again

I removed one long side of the box and painted it with a Flat Black spray paint on the inside as well as the outside. This had the added benefit of increasing the stiffness of the cardboard. Plus no one gave me any crap about what other flavors of coffee I like to fly with...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31