newbie with first scary experiences...

VRS may be used here too often or as a catch-all for any unexplained our misunderstood loss of lift. Granted.
Are actual rings being produced?

There's no doubt that a loss of lift is occurring.

There was a video posted or linked here back near the 4th of July with a Phantom holding a smoke generator, bomb, etc.beneath it.

As it descended vertically into the smoke you could see the instability occur as the quad dropped or entered into the prop-wash, down-wash, etc. Not surprising as those who have flown CP helis know this can occur.

I'm surprised no one has actually tried this [smoke test] in various conditions to see what could be learned.

Do the additional props on multicopters further exacerbate or possible reduce this? Same with the body shape as opposed to arms or 'sticks' seen on other designs.

I suspect there is little research currently available for multicopters regarding this and maybe now more will be forthcoming as we see more focus on development.

There are surprisingly few academic studies on quad-rotor aerodynamics. I've only found a few. Most are doctoral thesis using Stanford's STARMAC platform....and are quite mathematics-intensive. I've found more published wind-tunnel research done on soccer balls than on quad-rotors. Pretty frustrating, really.

Anyway, google STARMAC, open a bottle of wine, and read until your brain is full or the bottle is empty.

Wobble of death-
My P2 falls down suddenly during the flight,and on that time there is no stick controls worked.There is no warning messages shows on FPV Screen. it does not occures frequently,but after a certain flights it suddenly happen...it not only happened on descend time and also on hovering. I allready changed my batteries,play loads...,updated firmwares...But no matter... The recorded footages on falling time is attched here. (Sorry for my bad english)

http://www.dacast.com/viewer/videos/p2-falls-2/

:roll:
Here's a video explaining VRS and how to escape.

Most of us believe that propguards contribute to this problem.

http://youtu.be/LCret4rv0HE

MHL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj