Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

newbie with a V2+ Should I update?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Molson, May 7, 2014.

1. Molson

Hi everyone! I'm new to quads, picked up a P2V+last night. I plugged it into assistant and I'm running 3.0. After reading a lot of problems, is it worth for me to update to 3.02 or leave it as is?

2. vjdave

Loaded question. I just got mine and updated to 3.02. I am not going to go backwards in firmware until there is an official statement from DJI or 100% proof that the firmware is the cause of the flyaways.

3. Dirty Bird

I have stuck with 3.0. If you are installing prop guards, 3.02 may be of benefit as it slows the descent rate down to 2 M/s I believe.. I think that is the only significant change. If you don't have prop guards, its your call, just be aware during straight down, max-speed descents. If you see your Phantom start rocking, apply up throttle and use the left stick to slide in any direction so your exit the wash. Personally I haven't had a prop wash incident.

4. RobFallen

I upgraded mine earlier, still not convinced the fly aways are the units fault... :|

5. D_Tshudy

I updated mine after experiencing an out of control descent (I do have prop guards installed). I have not had any problems with 3.02.

6. Molson

I think I'll mess around with it as is for now. The geek in me will upgrade it soon enough anyhow.

7. ShoreBird

I'm running the new firmware and no issues for me. As others have said is does slow descent. Have fun!