Newbie with a Phantom: Can I use GS?

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 is waiting in a UPS truck right now for me dropoff and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve...I WANT MY NEW TOY!

I'd really, really like to preprogram flight paths with Groundstation...but I keep seeing hints that it's not compatible with a Phantom 2. Any updates there?

And...if it is compatible, what do I need to buy/add on to make it work? Do I need additional hardware? If so, what? I see some links to bluetooth kits and things, but it's not clear to me if that's what I need or not. Is there a newb's guide to GS?

Any info is appreciated!

Not 100% sure but I think the ground station on windows is compatible with Phantom 2 Vision and the plus model.

Otherwise you need iOsd module with a BTU module installed.

The Groundstation is compatible with P2 with the blurtooth module. If I had my choice the best set up is the P2 with the bluetooth module. You can run the complete groudstation on PC or Ipad. Vision and Vision + users will not get all the features of groundstation.

Groundstation is not compatible P2v or P2v+. There will be a waypoint app for the visions released very soon. The vision app with way points will not have many of the features of groundstation. There will be a 500 meter distance from homepoint limit. There will also be a 3 mile limit on total distance traveled in a mission.

I have rigged my P2V to work with Groindstation by installing the bluetooth module. Problem is it uses the same wifi channel as FPV. So I turn FPV off whan I run a GS mission (tuen it on to hit record on camera first). I have run missions as long as 6 miles round trip. I will probably kep the bluetooth module on my vision and not use the waypoint app.

stanfran said:
I have rigged my P2V to work with Groindstation by installing the bluetooth module. Problem is it uses the same wifi channel as FPV. So I turn FPV off whan I run a GS mission (tuen it on to hit record on camera first). I have run missions as long as 6 miles round trip. I will probably kep the bluetooth module on my vision and not use the waypoint app.

Are you saying you connected the BTU to the P2V directly, or just that you got the GS to work by connecting the BTU on the ground end?

Wow...I'm more confused now.

My new toy is a Phantom 2 Vision, so at first glance it sounds like I'm out of luck.

But then stanfran says he got it to work.

Stanfran - can you tell me more? Which bluetooth module did you get? (Remember - this is all new to me...speak slowly, with small words... :) )

Yes I do have my P2V running groundstation. I needed two things

1. DJI Bluetooth dtatlink ..cost about $200 at amazon
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Datalink-2-4g ... +bluetooth

2. Then you need a $16 canbus port attached to a landing skid. here is link
http://www.uav-outlet.com/dji-phantom-2 ... ule-part2/

Replace one of the existing landing gear skids with your new one with can bus port. You need to plug the other end into the circuit board inside phantom. There is an open port. Plug the air end of the data link into the port on skid. Then you attach the air end of datalink somewhere on outside of phantom with Velcro or something strong..

Plug usb antenna into your pc. Download groundlink and you can figure it from there.

may sound complicated but I did it in about 45 mins. Works great

There may be a conflict with datalink and your FPV..i don't use both at same time.

http://skypixel.org/post/83155210814 here are some pics of stuff I described/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl