Newbie with a P2

Reaction score
Hey guys, I completely new to the drone scene and just received from my wife a P2 with the updated RC. I also got the H3-3D but the wrong camera which I'll be taking back tomorrow for the GP H3+. So far it has been great. I've flown it about six times now and found it really easy to do. A couple of questions though for you experienced flyers. 1. What's the best way to keep track of battery charge remaining without constantly bringing the P2 back to me for a quick look and either the battery lights or the P2's flight lights? Seems like it could've been transmitted back to the controller and signaled there. 2. If all goes well and I'd like to probably go FPV and have a range of at least 1/2 mile. I've seen the kits that have the display, recievers, and OSDs. What is the most poplar set up for say $400 or less. I also have a Samsung galaxy that we never use. Would there be an option using it and saving a little on the kit or would I be better off with the kit? Thanks a lot and look forward to any help.
JK

Hey guys, I completely new to the drone scene and just received from my wife a P2 with the updated RC. I also got the H3-3D but the wrong camera which I'll be taking back tomorrow for the GP H3+. So far it has been great. I've flown it about six times now and found it really easy to do. A couple of questions though for you experienced flyers. 1. What's the best way to keep track of battery charge remaining without constantly bringing the P2 back to me for a quick look and either the battery lights or the P2's flight lights? Seems like it could've been transmitted back to the controller and signaled there. 2. If all goes well and I'd like to probably go FPV and have a range of at least 1/2 mile. I've seen the kits that have the display, recievers, and OSDs. What is the most poplar set up for say $400 or less. I also have a Samsung galaxy that we never use. Would there be an option using it and saving a little on the kit or would I be better off with the kit? Thanks a lot and look forward to any help.
JK

Well you almost answered you own question. The FPV is the only way to know the conditions of the battery plus all the telemetry need .For a complete FPV system you will need the following: transtmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable and a monitor/receiver.$325 - $390 depending on price and makeof equipment. I make it rule not to tell which brand is the best or better then another and of course some have their own opinion on the subject. There three commonly used brands boscam,flysight and immersion the choice is yours.

Thanks Jason, finished up this evening mounting my Gopro on the H3-3D and tweaked it a little through the computer. Hope to get out tomorrow and fly some. Jason what kind of distance are you getting out of your FPV set up and what is the quality of your view? I got to thinking and more than likely most of my recording would probably fall into the 1/4 mile range. I was reading some reviews on Amazon about one of their 1300' kits and some of the reviewers where having difficulties with reception at a lot closer range than the 1300. Is it normal for the distance quoted to be a little on the long side, with the advertised being the exception? I'd hate to dump $400 and not be satisfied. How in the heck are these guys flying above the clouds and filming? FPV or just the bird? If you see a good deal or a set up that you think would be great let me know. Like I said I'm new to the hobby and need all the help I can get, lol
Jimmy

I'm a videographer so all the subjects I tape are within VLOS not LOS meaning no further then 500 feet.and no higher then 150 feet.

Reactions: kirk2579

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers