~Newbie~ with a few questions

Reaction score
Hello from the Georgia Mountains.

I've flown my P4 a handful of times and love it. I've also been reading a ton of threads on this forum and am getting NERVOUS reading all the mishaps, fly-a-way drones, dropping out of the sky, etc..
I try to learn from other's errors, mishaps what have you and attempt to not repeat them if at all possible. So with that said, can anyone tell me the basics I need i.e., tracker, any additional flight path software, etc..?

Many Thanks!
Andrea

Reactions: ICULookin
Thank you and WOW there are tons of "extras". I think I am going to order the Marco Polo Tracking Device.

Do not get too concerned about the number of posts about fly aways, and dropping out of the sky, these are very rare, and with the P4 are nearly always pilot error. People do not post " I have had 200 flights without incident", they only post negative stuff.
The P4 is extremely stable,take it slowly and let your confidence increase.
As for extras, well the list is endless, for me the only extras I have are, a case, some ND filters, an extra battery, and some touch sensitive gloves, it is cold here in UK.Eventually you may want to enjoy Litchi app if you enjoy missions and cinematic video.
Oh forgot to mention, I have had 200 flights without incident.

Welcome to the forum Andrea .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Do not get too concerned about the number of posts about fly aways, and dropping out of the sky, these are very rare, and with the P4 are nearly always pilot error. People do not post " I have had 200 flights without incident", they only post negative stuff.
The P4 is extremely stable,take it slowly and let your confidence increase.
As for extras, well the list is endless, for me the only extras I have are, a case, some ND filters, an extra battery, and some touch sensitive gloves, it is cold here in UK.Eventually you may want to enjoy Litchi app if you enjoy missions and cinematic video.
Oh forgot to mention, I have had 200 flights without incident.

Jayfdee, I appreciate that! I was really starting to get concerned. ~LOL~ So glad to hear your flying trouble free!!

N. GA MTS then you recognize where I was this am. Have fun with the P4 I tried to fly the falls down to that first platform and got scared got some really good video tho. But reading this forum does make me a slight bit paranoid lol.
025892b6117d7b34498d3874c9b15638.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes, of course. I'd be a little scared to fly the falls since I'm a beginner. It would make some beautiful video when the water increases and is really flowing.

Yeah that's what I was thinking the flow is kind of a trickle right now in comparison to other times I have seen it which was bad for video but good for the wind. It was changing directions lots as I was descending. I didn't really think about that until I started out. Post some results of your P4 can't wait to hear I have a p4p piggy bank going my self.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: ICULookin
Perhaps someday. If you're buying a new Trackimo, get a 3G.

Reactions: hotashes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik