Newbie, wanting some advice

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the world of drones and the p3's.
I have recently purchased a new p3A and currently waiting delivery
I have been doing research as you do, after seeing footage of drones above the clouds around 1500m. Are the p3a's capable of doing this on the standard ariels without boosters? And if so what is the standard range for these drones?

anything over 400ft AGL will possible get you in trouble if you get caught but 1500m they will send you to the gallows

I see... Do these these rules apply in Europe (UK)? I wasn't aware that in an open area the restrictions were so tight on altitude.

What altitude is deemed safe and the norm to fly?

I appreciate that caution with the heights previously mentioned but is the standard receiver capable of 1000-1500m. I read that it was capable of 3.2 miles but this seemed farfetched to me so wanted clarification.

Hi Rob
I've read this line many time but it seems they never finish the sentence, " within 50 metres of people" it should also state I'm sure, "except for landing and takeoff, 30 mts".............yes or no?
i know what you mean but end of the day its just common sense and being careful

just be sensible really, read the manual until you know it backwards and watch as many you tube vids as poss

I've been going into research overload waiting for it to come, except the rules as you can see lol. Well I'm glad I asked the question as I would have been clueless to these restrictions.

What's the maximum distance capability on these drones using the dji app and video feed? Or do you tend to just fly yours within eye shot?

i know what you mean but end of the day its just common sense and being careful

you wouldn't believe how careful I try to be, I take off from my lawn and right away go over the hedge out into open fields but when I was back in the UK last Oct one of my neighbors shouted out "that's illegal"??? when I was coming in to land on my lawn, he was more than 30 mts away at the time, all my other neighbors are quite happy to see me flying my quad as they have been for the last few years.
I've been building MCs for quite a few years but got rid of all of them and now just concentrating only on my phantom, I think that's what the problem is with all the hype about "drones" and always showing a white Phantom.

anyway happy new year;) and I hope it's not too wet back there, down here in Spain they are now talking about the shortage of water if we don't get some rain soon.

im lucky most my neighbours are old (youngest is 72) and drive me mad to get "the helicopter ufo thingy out" they all have selfies took from it on their facebook pages !
i can go over their gardens without problem but only if i take pictures for them

im lucky most my neighbours are old (youngest is 72) and drive me mad to get "the helicopter ufo thingy out" they all have selfies took from it on their facebook pages !
i can go over their gardens without problem but only if i take pictures for them

I completely agree with you it's just this 1 old guy "well, older than me, he's in his 80s" and he is a real PITA regards of anything anybody around here does he jumps on them, and the same as you all the rest ask me for pics or videos of their house and as said on here it's a recommendation not a law, so how could it be illegal as he shouted

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav