Newbie w/ Questions

Reaction score
Heya all - I had searched and I can't seem to find it. My two questions are:
1. If I go out of range and the RTH kicks in, how do I cancel it during RTH mode? While it was approaching, it ended up landing on my roof and I had no control :lol:
2. Is there a quicker way to download the photos/videos from the camera to the iPhone? It takes like 10 minutes to do the transfer. :roll:
a. I did notice a usb port located on the camera base.

Question #1 was already answered.

2 - If you are downloading photos from the app to the phone via Wi-Fi, it is tolerable. If you are trying to transfer large videos, forget it. The connection is just too slow to be useful. You can use the USB port on the back of the gimbal to attack to your computer. Note that the Phantom must be powered on for it to be visible. The MicroSD card in your Phantom will appear as a portable hard drive and you can drag and drop files as you would normally. This is much faster than Wi-Fi and if I recall you will obtain about 11 Mbps transfer speed.

3 - The fastest way to transfer is to remove the card from the Phantom and insert it directly into your computer. Use an appropriate MicroSD > SD adapter if required. Depending on the speed of your memory card, this method will yield 20+ Mbps or more.

Dirty Bird said:
Question #1 was already answered.

2 - If you are downloading photos from the app to the phone via Wi-Fi, it is tolerable. If you are trying to transfer large videos, forget it. The connection is just too slow to be useful. You can use the USB port on the back of the gimbal to attack to your computer. Note that the Phantom must be powered on for it to be visible. The MicroSD card in your Phantom will appear as a portable hard drive and you can drag and drop files as you would normally. This is much faster than Wi-Fi and if I recall you will obtain about 11 Mbps transfer speed.

3 - The fastest way to transfer is to remove the card from the Phantom and insert it directly into your computer. Use an appropriate MicroSD > SD adapter if required. Depending on the speed of your memory card, this method will yield 20+ Mbps or more.

Method 2 over wifi I wouldn't suggest because the phantom gets warm real quick without the props on.
If you are plugging in a cable, make sure you remove the gimbal clamp. Many forget this because they don't see the warning on the screen. Both of the above methods also chew the phantom battery and therefore lessen the flight times. Losing 5-10% just to transfer files equates to 1-2 minutes of flight time.

Method 3 is best. I know removing the SD card in out may damage insert/eject slot over time but I don't recall the last time I messed up an SD reader. They seem pretty sturdy on the Phantom.

Surprised it landed on the roof.
When mine does a return to home if it doesn't like the ground it has landed on it flies a few inches across the ground before trying to land again.
I had assumed it is cause the ground wasn't level enough for it,that looks like what is happening to me anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31