Newbie Video Transmitter

Reaction score
Hi

Apart from the fact phantom 2 is currently awaiting new ESC and main circuit board(don't ask) I'm getting ready for its phoenix flight when it is reborn. I have gimbal(AMG) and gopro hero 2. Both work(ed) a treat but I now want to view what the gopro is seeing real time. What's the minimum kit I need? Will an immersionrc work direct from gopro 2 (obviously with right cable)? Would that be it from the phantom end? Then i just need receiver and something that takes video in.

Or mini iOSD? Seems a cheap option, but bet I need for than the £50 mini unit in the phantom.

Basic questions, but I can't find (very) entry level info for sending live video back.

Cheers

Malcolm

Loads of threads on here...

Yes, the Immersion TX will work. You will need to make up a cable to go from the camera to the TX, via the mini iOSD, but it is simple to do, with some very basic soldering and heat shrink tubing.

You can buy ready made cable kits, but these are designed for the H3-3D, so probably won't work for you.

As you are in the UK, legally, you are supposed to use a 25mW tx, but 200mW is a more realistic unit... Get a monitor with a twin diversity receiver, as it reduces drop out and fading no end.

This http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/complete-fpv/5.8ghz/phantom-2-fpv is a pretty good shopping list of what you need.

The Mini iosd works great with the P2 and is worth having, as it shows GPS status, height, speed, pitch, roll and most importantly, battery remaining.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik