[Newbie] Upgraded and boom, problems started.

Reaction score
Dear fellas,

I'm kinda clueless about what to do in this case.
I just upgraded my P4P to last firmware and at the end of the process the RC lights started to blink between green and red, at the same time, HD (video) started to get sluggish at the point I cannot even see any image into my Note 3 (Also tried a TabPro).
Per what I could research, seems that maybe the RC firmware did not get upgraded.. I wonder.. how to get it working back again? I mean, I tried to upgrade the RC without success..

Per what I could research, seems that maybe the RC firmware did not get upgraded.. I wonder.. how to get it working back again?
You can check the firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. If it did not install, then try the installation again. If the installation keeps failing, you can roll the firmware back using the DJI Assistant 2 application and upgrade the firmware from that point.

You can check the firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. If it did not install, then try the installation again. If the installation keeps failing, you can roll the firmware back using the DJI Assistant 2 application and upgrade the firmware from that point.

Aircraft database and app database is 01.00.01.04. The lights are keeping blinking between red and green after I try to search for updates into my smart device.
Where do I download the firmware? Do you suggest any know stable firmware?

Should I also connect my rc into pc?

Well fellas, I had to see by myself all the issues that others was experiencing and also myself.. I got stuck into a weird HD downlink issue (RC/TX connection issues), nasty by the way, and pretty avoidable if DJI would test best before release their firmware/software/app.
My advice, after this experience is. Do not upgrade until a new "more stable" firmware comes out.
Following msinger advice to rollback firmware through DJI Assistant 2 works pretty well, but as I said before all issues, anxiety and worries could be easily avoided with a better QC by DJI.
After this problem I'm not feeling that toooooo newbie anymore :D Yep, my first issue with my P4P already solved :)

Should I also connect my rc into pc?
I see you're already beyond this now. For anyone else reading along, the P4P remote controller firmware can be rolled back like this:
  • Download the DJI Assistant 2 application from the P4P downloads page and install it.
  • Power on the remote controller.
  • Connect a micro USB cable from the back of the remote controller to the computer where the DJI Assistant 2 application was installed.
  • Start the DJI Assistant 2 application.
  • Click "RC for P4P" in the connected devices list.
  • Click the "Restore Factory Defaults" button.
DJI.jpg

Reactions: erickwill
I just unboxed and connected my P4P to my computer and I see Current Version at 01.01.0203.
I figure this is the drone firmware and given that the Latest Version says 01.04.0602 I assume mine is pretty old. I have the option to upgrade to the latest, which I don't want to do, but should I upgrade to 01.03.0509 just to get more current? And then I need to check the RC as well - would that version number be the same or how do I insure that I have matching versions (or is that an issue)

I would to advice you to skip the latest version and pick the previous one, in this case the .0509 otherwise, there is a real risk of real issues :D

I would to advice you to skip the latest version and pick the previous one, in this case the .0509 otherwise, there is a real risk of real issues :D
Thanks - def holding back on the latest.
Should the drone and RC version numbers be the same? My Current Version in Assistant says 01.01.0203 and the About/ver number on the RC is 01.03.00.00. If I upgrade the drone to 01.03.0509 would that make the "compatible" or is that necessary... No flying as of yet so no way to know if things would work as is.

Thanks - def holding back on the latest.
Should the drone and RC version numbers be the same? My Current Version in Assistant says 01.01.0203 and the About/ver number on the RC is 01.03.00.00. If I upgrade the drone to 01.03.0509 would that make the "compatible" or is that necessary... No flying as of yet so no way to know if things would work as is.

Here is what I did..
Downgraded, the bird, from the latest through DJI Assistant 2 and after that connected the RC and restored Factory Defaults. This was enough to get both at the same page.

Thanks, but I am curious what exactly is the "same page" - if my RC has an 01.03xxx ver number and the bird shows 01.03.0509, are those the right pair? The version number of the two are not exactly the same, but they both seem to be ".03" releases - is that what I need to setup?

Thanks, but I am curious what exactly is the "same page" - if my RC has an 01.03xxx ver number and the bird shows 01.03.0509, are those the right pair? The version number of the two are not exactly the same, but they both seem to be ".03" releases - is that what I need to setup?
As a newbie, that I am :D, I didn't realized if these numbers are the same. Someone a bit more experienced than me, here, can clarify this matter.
But I meant, by say the "same page", is that before to use DJI Assistant 2 I was in compatibility issues (Due to I did upgrade the firmware through DJI GO) and after I did use it (DJI Assistant 2) on my bird and RC, downgrading to a previous version the problems gone.. and I did subtending that after that there is no more compatibility issue.

Did you get a message at some point saying something was "incompatible?" How did you know there was a problem? My message only referred to the battery, which of course I had no way of knowing at the time..

As a newbie, that I am :D, I didn't realized if these numbers are the same. Someone a bit more experienced than me, here, can clarify this matter.
But I meant, by say the "same page", is that before to use DJI Assistant 2 I was in compatibility issues (Due to I did upgrade the firmware through DJI GO) and after I did use it (DJI Assistant 2) on my bird and RC, downgrading to a previous version the problems gone.. and I did subtending that after that there is no more compatibility issue.

Did you get a message at some point saying something was "incompatible?" How did you know there was a problem? My message only referred to the battery, which of course I had no way of knowing at the time..

No actually, as I stated at OP, I was at that point clueless..
'm kinda clueless about what to do in this case.
I just upgraded my P4P to last firmware and at the end of the process the RC lights started to blink between green and red, at the same time, HD (video) started to get sluggish at the point I cannot even see any image into my Note 3 (Also tried a TabPro).
Per what I could research, seems that maybe the RC firmware did not get upgraded.. I wonder.. how to get it working back again? I mean, I tried to upgrade the RC without success..
In some point I read somewhere else that this was due to firmware incompatibility between the bird and the RC.
Hope that this info helps you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic