Newbie training wheels

Reaction score
I made wood skids, they add a little weight but at this stage of game they work like a champ. Landings are a breeze. I cut two little notches in each skid for the tie wrap to indent into so the quad sits flush.

Attachments

• Skids.jpg
    Skids.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 517
While you do see them in the video, I don't care right now. I tore up 6 blades before this temp mod, none since.

Yes, I am confused. I am the Newbie of all Newbies and landings have got to be the easiest part, at least for me....

Glad to see you doing what it takes for you to keep it in one piece. Good idea with the notches. I would agree with not using the fiber props if you can avoid it. I have never tried them but have heard they are too stiff and sticking with the originals is best.
Maybe try the training manual if you haven't already.

Good luck and the best tip I have for you is don't take off slowly but pop it up quickly with full throttle to 10 feet and hover then go about your business once she is safely airborne.

I'm using similar skids except fiberglass rather than wood. I slide them toward the back when using the camera to keep them out of the picture. I sometimes launch on a hillside so the skids keep the phantom from tipping while landing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4