Newbie Tracker Question

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm in the UK and wanted to ask about about trackers fitted to drones.

Every now and then I read with dread that some people's drones just fly off into the unknown. Some users responded with "did you have a GPS attached".

I am hoping the day never comes for me, however is there a way to be prepared for it just in case?

Cheers

I have a trackimo fitted to mine, just in case the worse happens. I'm very impressed with the accuracy of it. Picked it up from Amazon UK for £42.

1405ca9c5ec256e184bbcb36641a9fbe.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Champion. Does that have a monthly fee or is it just a one off payment?

Does it track via your device or a separate web page/app?

I use and always have used the TK102B it uses a 2G sim such as O2 or Lebara,set it up when you get it and then out in the field pop in the battery attach it to your quad and ring it and let it text you back, texts on Lebara cost 19p each and i find a fiver lasts me a couple of months, if the quad disappears simpy ring the tracker and it will give location and speed in the form of a google map link. mine is by Rewire Security and on the one occasion where the battery contact broke they replaced it within 1 week. plenty of baskets available for it on ebay, have a look at my youtube channel for how I mount it.
www.youtube.com/c/flymyphantom

Yeah the trackimo does require a monthly subscription fee, but the 1st 12 months are free, after that it's around £3 per month. And as anotherlab said it uses a 3g network, but being in the UK that covers pretty much everywhere. You can track it via a web browser or via the Android/ios app. I will be using mine for when my kids are out and about too, so I always know where they are. This is a screen shot of the Android app.
ceee4ff3570f270e36a3b7f8f3676e9b.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Deano1
I have a Trackimo as well. Still waiting for the Phantom mount for it from Isreal though. I like that it's easy to put on the dog, kid, or car.

Reactions: Deano1
I use and always have used the TK102B it uses a 2G sim such as O2 or Lebara,set it up when you get it and then out in the field pop in the battery attach it to your quad and ring it and let it text you back, texts on Lebara cost 19p each and i find a fiver lasts me a couple of months, if the quad disappears simpy ring the tracker and it will give location and speed in the form of a google map link. mine is by Rewire Security and on the one occasion where the battery contact broke they replaced it within 1 week. plenty of baskets available for it on ebay, have a look at my youtube channel for how I mount it.
www.youtube.com/c/flymyphantom
The problem with 2G is that it's slowly disappearing. In the US, you would most likely being using it on AT&T's network and they shutdown their 2G network two weeks ago.

Looks like it's a Trackimo then. At least that way I'm using 3G which should be around for some time yet!

Thanks for all the advice, and like you Neilshaw1980, I will be sticking one of these in my sons pocket when he's out and about as the Findmyiphone app isn't always up to the job

Reactions: neilshaw1980

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie