Newbie to the group :) quick question

Reaction score
ok, so I just got my phantom 3 professional and was wanting to know what to do next.

After everything is charged, batteries and remote.

I get to the calibration compass and touch it, it's saying "press start to begin compass calibration"

Can anyone tell me what the start button is? Sorry for my ignorance

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

you need to due a imu calibration first make sure very level surface then before e you fly hit calibrate and due the dji dance

Before you re-calibrate the Phantom 3 IMU you can also check it first in the DJI Pilot App.

The Phantom 3 should not be moved at all during the IMU calibration process otherwise the procedure will fail.

If the IMU is really out of sync, you may have to do this procedure more than once. Place your Phantom 3 on a flat surface. Use a spirit or bubble level to check for a nice flat surface.

If possible, have at least 50% charged battery in the Phantom 3. You definitely don’t want the quadcopter giving battery warnings or stopping during the IMU calibration process.

• Switch on your Remote Controller and then switch on your Phantom 3. There is no need to switch on the motors.
  • Open the DJI Phantom 3 Pilot App. Click on “Camera”.
  • Next tap the “Mode” icon which is 2nd button in the upper left part of the screen.
  • Tap into the “Sensors” in the MC Settings, then click on IMU Calibration.
  • Click “Ok” and “Ok” again on the pop up messages to start the calibration process which can take 5 to 10 minutes.

I'm also getting the RC Signal lost at the top right in Red- what's this mean?

Anyone know about the "RC Singnal lost" at the top left corner or is that normal?

I went to the IMU calibration and then sensors but it's gray'd out which does not let me select it.

Last edited:
Fixed, my first upgrade and now ready to fly.
Seems like when you copy the most updated firmware over to the SD card and once you insert into the drone, turn it on and let sit for 30-40 minutes. I didn't let it sit that long and it never finished updating. My RC version is 1.6 and my drone version is 1.8.80

Good to go...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers