Newbie to phantom 3

What resolution r u using try 1080p (1920 x whatever ) and try again

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use the 2.7 k setting and have perfect pics and video unless you have a fantastic computer that can keep up or a 4 k tv, it doesn't make sense to film that high if you can't view it

We just got out phantom 3 and was wondering how we can make the video smooth. When we play it back it is kind of choppy?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If the video playback from the ad card is choppy, most likely it is the device you are trying to play it on. If on a computer, try a different video player. I have a laptop that QuickTime will be choppy, but if I open the video in media player it plays fine.
What are you trying to play it on and how old is it?

What computer are you using? What version of windows or is it a mac?
Make sure you close down any internet browsers and do an end task on them as Firefox and Chrome have nasty memory holes and can still be using loads of RAM even after being closed!

Reactions: sonof40
Few things ive discovered to get the most out of slower machines.

Use VLC player and change this setting.....

tools / preferences / inputs and codecs / x264 preset and tuning selection. change it to placebo. Hit save.

If its still stutters, time for a new computer.

As for youtube etc on the chrome browser, it uses vp9 by default which doesn't seem hardware accelerated, so force chrome to use h264
h264ify

Lovely smooth 4k on youtube after that is installed.

I had same problem with mine first time out you have to go into the video settings and change them you want mp4 if using windows computer mov if using apple also you need to change the region pal for europe ntsc for u.s.a this should sort it

Few things ive discovered to get the most out of slower machines.

Use VLC player and change this setting.....

tools / preferences / inputs and codecs / x264 preset and tuning selection. change it to placebo. Hit save.

If its still stutters, time for a new computer.

As for youtube etc on the chrome browser, it uses vp9 by default which doesn't seem hardware accelerated, so force chrome to use h264
h264ify

Lovely smooth 4k on youtube after that is installed.

Smooth 4k on youtube? Not with my internet sigh!!!

I have always sworn by VLC but I have found on Windows 10 the built in Microsoft player is actually better!!! Well it is on my 4k drone videos anyway - smooth as silk.

Reactions: Reed L
VLC is hit and miss
Smooth 4k on youtube? Not with my internet sigh!!!

I have always sworn by VLC but I have found on Windows 10 the built in Microsoft player is actually better!!! Well it is on my 4k drone videos anyway - smooth as silk.
Yeah VLC can be hit and miss, i use MPC in general, but its not perfect

It's not VLC,
it's not .MOV vs. .MP4

It IS recording at a high resolution while playing back on a computer that's not up to snuff.

You need to answer the questions:
  • What video settings are you recording at?
  • What are you shooting video for? (The purpose of your video will tell whether you need to record at a higher rez. or not)
  • What are your computer specs and are you willing to upgrade?

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Wow, 2nd time in 2 days! Same topic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic