Newbie to flying!

Reaction score
Hi,
Since last year I have been following the developments in UMA and am on the brink of getting a Phantom. Is it likely that the Phantom will be offered with the Gimbal already fitted as a complete package?
I have read various comments about firmware updates causing issues- is this true. Any advice on having as few issues with a Phantom would be helpful. Thanks!

cheers

bill.
I am in the UK by the way. Any good suppliers to go to?

I bought mine from buzz flier, I was impressed with the advice at the start from one person, the other gave me the wrong price. I had loads of hassles with the kit when it arrived. Bits missing, cables unconnected, I had to phone them so many times and its still not totally resolved although that's more because I have given up.

I think they are a good company, I was just unlucky and I suspect they are fed up with me now. Not sure I would use them again

fly-catchers said:
Hi,
Since last year I have been following the developments in UMA and am on the brink of getting a Phantom. Is it likely that the Phantom will be offered with the Gimbal already fitted as a complete package?
I have read various comments about firmware updates causing issues- is this true. Any advice on having as few issues with a Phantom would be helpful. Thanks!

cheers

bill.
I am in the UK by the way. Any good suppliers to go to?

I just installed the ARRIS CM2000 gimbal and it couldn't have been any easier. No need to get into the shell. I did need to get the proper power connector and solder it on to the aux power wire which I only needed a pair of tweezers to pull out from the under side of the shell. Self contained, no connections to the NAZ.

That is, of course, using the default camera angle: straight ahead. If you want to be able to change the camera angle you will probably be looking at opening up the shell to connect a wire from the gimbal. (This is on my TODO list. There are videos on how to do this.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers