Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Newbie to flying!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fly-catchers, Aug 20, 2013.

1. fly-catchers

Aug 20, 2013
    Since last year I have been following the developments in UMA and am on the brink of getting a Phantom. Is it likely that the Phantom will be offered with the Gimbal already fitted as a complete package?
    I have read various comments about firmware updates causing issues- is this true. Any advice on having as few issues with a Phantom would be helpful. Thanks!

I am in the UK by the way. Any good suppliers to go to?
  2. Angusforbes

Aug 4, 2013
    I bought mine from buzz flier, I was impressed with the advice at the start from one person, the other gave me the wrong price. I had loads of hassles with the kit when it arrived. Bits missing, cables unconnected, I had to phone them so many times and its still not totally resolved although that's more because I have given up.

I think they are a good company, I was just unlucky and I suspect they are fed up with me now. Not sure I would use them again
  3. careysb

Jun 26, 2013
    I just installed the ARRIS CM2000 gimbal and it couldn't have been any easier. No need to get into the shell. I did need to get the proper power connector and solder it on to the aux power wire which I only needed a pair of tweezers to pull out from the under side of the shell. Self contained, no connections to the NAZ.

That is, of course, using the default camera angle: straight ahead. If you want to be able to change the camera angle you will probably be looking at opening up the shell to connect a wire from the gimbal. (This is on my TODO list. There are videos on how to do this.)