Newbie to drones - P3S

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say thank you for all the knowledge that I am learning on this forum!!! Like I said I am a newbie and will be receiving my new P3S in the mail tommorrow! I am really excited to join the drone community. Please everyone have patience with some of my stupid questions!!!

jcrawford

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to Phantom Pilots -- and, congrats on your new Phantom :)

after everything you have read, you decided to get a standard over the advanced?? why

Reactions: Fifty7
Congrats and welcome to the fold! You are going to LOVE it!
Ask all the questions you need after searching first. Lots of great folks here.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's a fair question, I find it really difficult to see why people would go for a standard when the adv offers sooo much more bang for your buck

Just think of it as a tricked up P2V+.

At the time I got my P3S, they had just dropped the price and the other models were still well above that price. Some people are like me and the Standard does all we need. If I could have gotten an upgraded model for about the same price, I would have. Some people on the forum do seem to look down on us P3S'ers. I love my Standard and it meets my needs and is fun to fly !

At the time I got my P3S, they had just dropped the price and the other models were still well above that price. Some people are like me and the Standard does all we need. If I could have gotten an upgraded model for about the same price, I would have. Some people on the forum do seem to look down on us P3S'ers. I love my Standard and it meets my needs and is fun to fly !

I had the standard, Loved that drone R.I.P .. I do have an advance now and love this one more.. but the standard was actually more than enough for me and my needs . I didn't get another one because i couldn't pass up the deal I got on the advance. I like light-bridge a lot . makes a difference in distance. I do wish the advance took a standard micro USB charger but I just make sure I charge my controller when it drops to 3 lights.
I did get more flight time with the standard but its like 1 or 2 minutes.. I have 3 batteries so i dont worry about that too much. I also enjoyed trying to make my little standard go far managed to get 1.4 miles with the argtek mod.. dont think I will need a mod for this one for a while. Either way enjoy your drone and especially if it works for you

I was going to buy the Standard, but I saw a flash deal for a new Advanced for $568 with free shipping, so I went for it. I haven't done anything with the Advanced that I could not have done with the Standard to date. I am leery of flying beyond the point at which the drone is within sight, this might change.

Reactions: mikeroc
I had the standard, Loved that drone R.I.P .. I do have an advance now and love this one more.. but the standard was actually more than enough for me and my needs . I didn't get another one because i couldn't pass up the deal I got on the advance. I like light-bridge a lot . makes a difference in distance. I do wish the advance took a standard micro USB charger but I just make sure I charge my controller when it drops to 3 lights.
I did get more flight time with the standard but its like 1 or 2 minutes.. I have 3 batteries so i dont worry about that too much. I also enjoyed trying to make my little standard go far managed to get 1.4 miles with the argtek mod.. dont think I will need a mod for this one for a while. Either way enjoy your drone and especially if it works for you
what is the argtek mod ?

Still have my Standard, but haven't flown it since I got my P3A, (which I quickly upgraded to a P3P by adding 4K camera). Lightbridge was the kicker for me, but the Standard did everything I ever asked it to do and was a perfect step up from the crazy Hubsan I started with. I'll probably end up selling my P3S to a friend to get them started in the hobby.

I came from a P2 so the next logical step up was an Adv or Pro for me. I didn't want to deal with wifi anymore....LoL. With all the deals on the Adv and Pro, it didn't make sense for me to get a P4.

wait... you can upgrade the camera to a 4k cam???? details..... ( starts searching online ) WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT... @WayneMHK
Yes. I bought a new P3P 4K camera/Gimbal and sold my P3A 2K camera on eBay. Difference was about $100. It plugs right in to the P3A, and you just update with P3P firmware. Easy-peasy.

I came from a P2 so the next logical step up was an Adv or Pro for me. I didn't want to deal with wifi anymore....LoL. With all the deals on the Adv and Pro, it didn't make sense for me to get a P4.
@regdawg and i sold my crashed p3s for parts toward my advanced so it didnt hurt as much especially since I got a great deal on it to begin with. and the fact that I already had batteries for the 3 series made it hard for me to think about switching to a p4. I wanted a p4 for the tracking but i just use litchi and thinking about ultimate DJI flight app too since it does some tracking.. Im pretty happy with my purchase.. My thing is to weigh the price / need / want scale.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4