Newbie thought

S

sandman259

I've only had my phantom standard for about a month now and love it. I really enjoy all the topics and mods people do, very cool stuff. My one thought is I can see the appeal of long range and seeing how far you can go, but with a battery life of barely over 20 mins in real world conditions seams a bit redundant to go past a mile when you'll most likely be in the red by the time you make it back home. Until battery life goes in the 40 min range I don't think I would want to chance it being that far away from home. But I do think it's pretty amazing when I see people post there distance and hitting 1 1/2 miles with the standard, just not for this chicken[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
Welcome, Sandman.
I just broke the mile mark yesterday with a ITElite DBS mod. Distance 5390 out, cruising pretty good. RTH kicked in and I let it coast back at it's chosen sloooow speed. Still got back to start in less than 7 minutes total flight time, and 70% battery remaining. If I had the TX range, 2 miles would be easy, time/battery wise.

Reactions: Squirrel!
That is incredible....that gives me hope[emoji106]

What can I expect in a residential neighborhood with stock antennas? I went out 400ft and still had good connection, just got scared and came home...

To me, line-of-sight is the most critical factor. But I do live in the stix, so the only interference is my residence. You could have issues finding a solid open Wi-Fi channel in an urban/neighborhood environment.

What can I expect in a residential neighborhood with stock antennas? I went out 400ft and still had good connection, just got scared and came home...

Don't worry about that scared stuff......it happens to everyone at one time. As you get more comfortable with flying you will scare yourself time and again each time you push a little farther. Part of the game. BTW...Welcome. Glad to have you here. Make sure if you need anything for your Phantom. Check here:
www.phantomhelp.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj