Newbie says Hi, and looking for must-read threads to learn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I live in Panama City Beach, FL. I just ordered a DJI-refurbished P3P, and I'm looking to educate myself a bit while I wait for shipping. I've flown cheaper copters and a toy drone, but this will be my first "real" quad. What essential threads should I be reading here? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Check out the tips at PhantomHelp.com. It'll probably be easier to find the information you're seeking.

Welcome to the group! You'll love the P3P, it is an excellent machine. Don't forget to register your drone with the FAA if you are in the US. Fly safe!

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

hey brian, welcome to the boards! im about half an hour north of you and ive been flying since december. with the military bases and all the airports in pc and pcb, its tough to find a good spot to fly but if you go east, past tyndall afb, you can find lots of nice beach and wilderness areas...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

hey brian, welcome to the boards! im about half an hour north of you and ive been flying since december. with the military bases and all the airports in pc and pcb, its tough to find a good spot to fly but if you go east, past tyndall afb, you can find lots of nice beach and wilderness areas...

Hello! I haven't gone out yet, but just got mine delivered today. Are you saying that a lot of areas away from the bases and airport on the west end of the beach are no-fly zones? How does that work anyway?

So far, I've been able to update my P3P to firmware version 1.10.90, but the RC says 1.8.0 and says it is the "Latest Firmware," and won't take another update via USB flash drive, USB card reader/SD, or USB cable into P3P camera port. Is this normal? Is this just the latest for each?

Hello! I haven't gone out yet, but just got mine delivered today. Are you saying that a lot of areas away from the bases and airport on the west end of the beach are no-fly zones? How does that work anyway?

im using an app called " B4UFly" that shows airports, helipads and the like so you know to whom you need to give notice, if necessary, before you take off. two weeks ago i thought id head towards destin for some (hopefully) empty beach shots... at a public beach access right before 30A, i stopped to take a look and checked the app before getting out of the car and there were many overlapping airports and helipads... thats a lot of time on the phone for half an hour or so flying time when mexico beach is practically deserted after tyndall until appalach...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl