Newbie Questions

Reaction score
I got my P2V on December 19th and did all of the firmware upgrades at that time. The first 4 flights went perfectly. Yesterday the camera feed froze a couple of times, but I was able to back out of the app and restore it. On the last flight of the day, I lost the camera feed, but still had all of the telemetry data. The P2V was about 800+ feet out at the time, so I brought the bird back and never regained the feed. After landing and re-powering the battery, I regained the camera feed.

1) I'm using a Motorola Droid Maxx. Any ideas why the camera feed didn't re-establish itself after the P2V got back in range?

2) Another minor problem is with the first (30%) low battery alarm. I get the flashing red battery percentage, but I also get the annoying klaxon alarm. According to the manual, I shouldn't get the klaxon until the second alarm. I think you're supposed to be able to change this in the Vision Assistant software. I'm having a problem getting that to work, since I did the initial upgrades. It says that I have a version mismatch and won't let me access any of the tabs. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Ron

Your Visionapp video may be dropping out due to a setting in your Droid. Pull_Up knows more about this than I do, I think it's a WiFi setting that excludes weak WiFi signals... you want to disable it so it stays locked to the Repeater's signal.

Current (12/22) firmware is v1.08 and includes a new Assistant also v1.08 - Make sure you're launching the latest Assistant and not a shortcut to a previous version.

If you're on v1.08 and getting the Klaxon & red outline when there's more than 15% remaining, the battery may have a problem. Some of us (including myself) have experienced this at 56% remaining, usually when we throttle-up. If this happens consistently, file a report on DJI's website and copy your dealer, include your firmware version in the report.

iDrone

Hello, I use an Android phone and, as iDrone said, if you go into wifi advanced settings there should (depending on your version) be an option to uncheck a box which will stop the phone preferring strong wifi with internet connectivity over whatever you are connected to - not ideal when flying, of course!

Other than that I do get the occasional video freeze, but telemetry still working. Hitting the back arrow to go to the app menu and then back in usually clears it. Last flight the app actually crashed, but I was able to restart and get logged back in straight away. It might be worth filing a bug report if you keep encountering the app problem. If you go to the Play Store entry for the Vision app there is a developer email address - I'd log it there and hopefully it's a bug fix they can incorporate into the next version.

I checked the advanced WiFi settings on my Droid Maxx and the box for "Avoid Poor Connections" was not checked. Even if it were checked, I would think the feed would re-establish itself when the P2V got back closer? Also the WiFi connection was showing green all the way back to the home point and the telemetry was active and accurate. Why no video feed?

Ron

It helps to include which version of DJI-Vision that you are using.

Yesterday, using version 36 on a Kyocera eVent phone, in Airplane mode,
for my first ever hop off the ground, it connected to the Phantom_6xxxxx
easily, but the app froze the whole phone somewhere in the few seconds of use, and
I had to hold down the power button for 10 seconds just to power it off.

I will try again after I check and update the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31