Newbie questions:-)

Reaction score
Hi,
I have some newbie questions:

I have a Vision + v2.0

I fly in urban areas with FCC power, but after an altitude of approx. 300 meters I loose the signal. My wifi video signal is working fine.
I first thought that it would be the WiFi repeater that would loose connection first...

Is this because I fly in urban areas or is it something wrong with my antenna?
And it seems that the signal loss is only occurring while doing high altitudes and not long horizontal distances, why is this the case?

Is it any good signal booster you could by online to get better RC signal?

And can you use Ground station for PC for the vision + ? do you need a bluetooth link or can you just connect your pc to the wifi repeater?

Hope this is easy for someone to answer for me. Great site btw:)

Prime_id said:
300 meters I loose the signal. My wifi video signal is working fine.
I first thought that it would be the WiFi repeater that would loose connection first...

looks like you are losing wifi signal, this is my fix

I'm pretty sure he's stating that he's _not_ loosing the WiFi connection, he's loosing the RC connection.

Are you just going straight up 300M?
If so you will always get the worst distance or altitude. Your transmitters aerial emits signals coming out from the side and not from the top of it.

imagine your aerial is standing straight up in the middle of this diagram. It shows you which way the frequencies travel best. So if your antenna is pointing straight up and your Phantom is directly above you lose signal quickest. 300m sounds about right

Attachments

• dipole.gif
    dipole.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 382
Reactions: Prime_id
I'm in the same boat... Urban environment and FCC, always loose RC around 300-400 mts with Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 V+. In open field easily 600 - 800 mts before loosing RC. Never loose EiFi video signal.

Reactions: Prime_id
imagine your aerial is standing straight up in the middle of this diagram. It shows you which way the frequencies travel best. So if your antenna is pointing straight up and your Phantom is directly above you lose signal quickest. 300m sounds about right

ok thanks for info. didnt know that. I will try to test max altitude by not going just straight up but instead on the side.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I'm in the same boat... Urban environment and FCC, always loose RC around 300-400 mts with Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 V+. In open field easily 600 - 800 mts before loosing RC. Never loose EiFi video signal.

ok great to hear that this is normal. I will try in an open area with less urban noise etc.

I have had trouble with wifi signal on 300 meters but that is when I am closer to buildings etc. Enterprise wifi signals is often stronger and probably make more disturbance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4