Newbie questions

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my P3P and just wanted to ask some questions. I haven't had the courage to fly it yet, but will at the weekend. I have just tested the link and that's about it, but will at the weekend.

1) When charging the controller only the up to 3rd light would flash white and not the 4th. Is this normal? When starting the link after that I got 3 solid white and the 4th as flashing.
So why no 4th flashing light when charging? Also is there a way to see the battery of the controller and not the phantom in the Go App?

2) When testing the gimbal it would only point down, but I thought it was supposed to have 30 degrees up travel. It won't go up so why not?

3) I changed camera settings by accident using the controller. Is there a way to reset them?

4) How roughly can the Gimbal be handled? I am not meaning throw it around or anything, but has it to be handled with the gentlest of touches or when trying to fit a clamp or even pull off a clamp etc can some decent pressure be applied. I hope that makes sense.

5) And lastly not a biggy, but the gold ring stickers don't seem very secure and seem to want to peel away at the bottom. Is that normal?

Apologies for some questions which may be obvious, but my first day so a little excited.

Appreciate all answers

Hi

Just got my P3P and just wanted to ask some questions. I haven't had the courage to fly it yet, but will at the weekend. I have just tested the link and that's about it, but will at the weekend.

1) When charging the controller only the up to 3rd light would flash white and not the 4th. Is this normal? When starting the link after that I got 3 solid white and the 4th as flashing.
So why no 4th flashing light when charging? Also is there a way to see the battery of the controller and not the phantom in the Go App?

2) When testing the gimbal it would only point down, but I thought it was supposed to have 30 degrees up travel. It won't go up so why not?

3) I changed camera settings by accident using the controller. Is there a way to reset them?

4) How roughly can the Gimbal be handled? I am not meaning throw it around or anything, but has it to be handled with the gentlest of touches or when trying to fit a clamp or even pull off a clamp etc can some decent pressure be applied. I hope that makes sense.

5) And lastly not a biggy, but the gold ring stickers don't seem very secure and seem to want to peel away at the bottom. Is that normal?

Apologies for some questions which may be obvious, but my first day so a little excited.

Appreciate all answers

1. 4 th LED should also blink when the charge level is greater than 75%

2. You can set 30 deg up from DJI Go app:

f633fcd505ebf81a9bd4d62f17b6e879.jpg

3. Camera settings can be reset when AC is connected to RC using DJI Go app:

ecc33bfd1567d8883007cc853ebfd96e.jpg

4. Gimbal is the most critical and delicate part of the complete assembly. You can gently move by hand but avoid shocks. It's seen that during any hit or crash, gimbal gets damaged. Hold the camera by hand if you are fitting a clamp.

5. These are just stickers and if exposed to moisture may try to peel off. I hv not so far seen peeling them off on my phantom even after over a year of use.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For 1) Try powering up the battery before you connect it to the charger and see if that forces full charging. As I think you know, progressive flashing of each of the lights in turn shows charging progress, followed by all lights going out when the battery is 100% charged. The state of the controller battery is shown as a percentage at the top of the user interface flying screen in the dji Go app when everything is connected up and ready to fly.

Thanks for al replies guys.

What's the situation with firmware? I believe I have to update the controller and drone, but am seeing some posts about the latest drone firmware causing issues?

I believe I have to update the controller and drone
If you decide to update the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Thanks for al replies guys.

What's the situation with firmware? I believe I have to update the controller and drone, but am seeing some posts about the latest drone firmware causing issues?
If you can, I'd try it with the existing firmware first, just to make sure it works OK. Then you can consider updating - but you're right, some have had problems with the latest firmware update.

I'm holding off on updating until I feel confident that all problems have been sorted out.

I agree with Steve. Assume that the bird was working ok when it was packaged and go through the the log in and registration process then start flying (start out low and close and way out in the open). After you get some airtime under your belt and become familiar with how your bird is working, there will be plenty of time to consider any upgrades. Some of us have found a combination that works for us and pretty much have ignored any further upgrades.

Hi

Appreciate all answers
original stickers on my were peeling , changed colours and one started to peel again , used a hair dryer to heat it and put a wire tie on it over night , hasn't come loose since !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1