Newbie questions regarding F550

Long story short, if you're using the Naza PMU v2 you should have the GPS plugged in to the dedicated GPS port on the PMU.
opposite the GPS port on the PMU is the lead which goes in to the EXP socket on the Naza.

Have you set a switch on the TX to activate GPS, ATTi & Failsafe?
When you go in to the assistant with the computer plugged in to the Naza and your TX on, does the U channel move left and right when the switch on your TX is toggled to.
On the U chennel, the left is GPS (can't be changed), middle is ATTI (can't be changed and the right is there you choose the third option with that little drop down box. Set that one to Failsafe.
Now, if you don't see the U channel move in the Naza assistant you simply haven't assigned a switch for that channel yet.
If it does move but you can't get the slider indicator to move all the way to the positions you want when the switch on your TX is toggled you need to adjust the end points or sub trims or both for that channel in your TX.
Have a look here about mid way down http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_Control_Mode_Switch
You'll need to look up the documentation for your controller to figure out exactly how that that is done.
Don't forget you'll also need to setup your TX to make the Naza go in to Failsafe if the TX is turned off, runs out of battery or goes out of range.
You only need to worry about setting that up for what ever channel on your TX is controlling U in the Naza assistant

Reactions: zincsoldier
Long story short, if you're using the Naza PMU v2 you should have the GPS plugged in to the dedicated GPS port on the PMU.
opposite the GPS port on the PMU is the lead which goes in to the EXP socket on the Naza.

Have you set a switch on the TX to activate GPS, ATTi & Failsafe?
When you go in to the assistant with the computer plugged in to the Naza and your TX on, does the U channel move left and right when the switch on your TX is toggled to.
On the U chennel, the left is GPS (can't be changed), middle is ATTI (can't be changed and the right is there you choose the third option with that little drop down box. Set that one to Failsafe.
Now, if you don't see the U channel move in the Naza assistant you simply haven't assigned a switch for that channel yet.
If it does move but you can't get the slider indicator to move all the way to the positions you want when the switch on your TX is toggled you need to adjust the end points or sub trims or both for that channel in your TX.
Have a look here about mid way down http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M_Control_Mode_Switch
You'll need to look up the documentation for your controller to figure out exactly how that that is done.
Don't forget you'll also need to setup your TX to make the Naza go in to Failsafe if the TX is turned off, runs out of battery or goes out of range.
You only need to worry about setting that up for what ever channel on your TX is controlling U in the Naza assistant
Thank you very much for guiding me. My uncle has bought a Taranis so that it is easier to set up with Naza V2. Everything works now Including GPS, Atti and Faisafe. IOC mode works too so I guess the build of our F550 is complete :) My uncle finally decided to sell all Walkera stuff. He might keep 1 or 2 Devo Tx but who knows him? :) We are very happy with our build now and we might experience some more problems soon on FPV set up. We are only getting short range of image transmission from his Boscam TS 351 video transmitter. We are only getting up to 2 metres until it loses video signal. Aircraft is fine, video signal is not so fine LOL. I am getting signal on the video port on Zenmuse H3 3D, is there any way to get better video? Thanks!

nice work mate.

Okay the Boscam units will have much more than 2 metres, even the 200mw one as I'm using the same one on my tri.

Leave the TX on the bird set to the currenty channel coz the dip switches are a pain, then with everything fired up change the channels on the Boscam reciever until you recieve image on another channel, this is more than likely the correct channel.
Now put the bird on the floor at one end of ur house and go for a walk with the reciever out the back, out the front or down the street.
You should get at least 20 metres or so even with all the walls etc.
When you go for a fly you should get at least 700 metres with the standard antenna in an open area.

nice work mate.

Okay the Boscam units will have much more than 2 metres, even the 200mw one as I'm using the same one on my tri.

Leave the TX on the bird set to the currenty channel coz the dip switches are a pain, then with everything fired up change the channels on the Boscam reciever until you recieve image on another channel, this is more than likely the correct channel.
Now put the bird on the floor at one end of ur house and go for a walk with the reciever out the back, out the front or down the street.
You should get at least 20 metres or so even with all the walls etc.
When you go for a fly you should get at least 700 metres with the standard antenna in an open area.
Thanks. I am using a video transmitter on the bird side and receiving signal from a stand alone monitor with built-in channel receiver. Is it the reason why I am getting only short distance video's feed?

No the reason you're getting poor signal is because of harmonics.
Follow the instructions above, take your stand alone monitor/receiver for a walk and change channels on the receiver until you get good picture and better range.

Ok I will try switching the channel again. Thanks so much for your help!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4