Newbie Questions - Configuring a P2 +FPV +Ground Station

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new. Apologies for potentially redundant questions. I've read through the forums, scoured the internet and have found bits and pieces of answers. I'd like to validate a few things and make sure I understand the complete picture. I planning to purchase a Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse Gimball. I'd like to have FPV and the iPad Ground Station. I already own a GoPro Hero 3+ Black. I could use some help figuring out the exact pieces and parts:

- DJI Phantom 2 w/Zenmuse Gimball
- DJI AVL58 FPV System
- iPad Ground Station
- Monitor + Battery for Monitor
- Spare battery for Phantom 2

A few questions:

Does the iPad Ground Station actually work with the Phantom 2? The forum seems to suggest not yet?

Does the iPad Ground Station allow GPS waypoints to be pre-loaded so the Phantom 2 can fly a pre-programmed route beyond visible range?

Is there really a need for iOSD if you are using Ground Station?

Any recommendations for monitor/battery for FPV? Are goggles a better answer?

What am I missing?

Thanks for your guidance!

- LIONDOG

LIONDOG said:
Does the iPad Ground Station actually work with the Phantom 2? The forum seems to suggest not yet?

Does the iPad Ground Station allow GPS waypoints to be pre-loaded so the Phantom 2 can fly a pre-programmed route beyond visible range?

Is there really a need for iOSD if you are using Ground Station?

Any recommendations for monitor/battery for FPV? Are goggles a better answer?

What am I missing?

Thanks for your guidance!

- LIONDOG

Not yet

Possibly, we shall see when the firmware comes out. beyond visual range is a topic for lawmakers

if you need to bring it back home or want to fly on your own

personal choice. lots of options out there

covered your bases

I don't know much about the ground station capability yet but we can assume it's coming as it is advertised with the p2 on the DJI site. I'm pretty sure it uses Bluetooth to interface with your iPad so it will only give you iOSD functionality while it is in range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik