Newbie Questions about Ground Station Camera Around Object

Reaction score
Howdy All,

My P2+ arrives on Friday and although I have been scouring this forum and YouTube I can't seem to figure out if what I want to do is possible right now. I will be using iOS not Android btw.

I would like to set up a circle around an object (a person on the ground or a single house) and have the drone fly around it with the camera set to remain focused on that object as it flies the set course.

Is that doable? Anybody have links or suggestions for me?

It's doable, but the software won't do it for you. You'll need to manually fly that route.

Howdy All,

My P2+ arrives on Friday and although I have been scouring this forum and YouTube I can't seem to figure out if what I want to do is possible right now. I will be using iOS not Android btw.

I would like to set up a circle around an object (a person on the ground or a single house) and have the drone fly around it with the camera set to remain focused on that object as it flies the set course.

Is that doable? Anybody have links or suggestions for me?
Buy an Inspire1

There was one robust app in the iTunes store that I can't find right now that _might_ claim to do that now. But I don't think it did it yet. There _are_ several developers currently working on adding this feature and those apps are available for iOS. So I don't think it's possible yet but should be available soon.

It's pretty easy to do this manually, with the two sticks. Just take some flight time and your fpv image and you'll be able to do it.

Someone once told me that, in NAZA mode and Home Lock, it will draw a circle around the home lock when moving the sticks right/left. I haven't tried it yet, but it might not be practical because you won't always have the ability to set the home point right in the middle of the place you're going to film.

Anyway, it's easy to do manually.

Autopilot for phantom in the iTunes App Store will do exactly what you want. For $20.

Autopilot for phantom in the iTunes App Store will do exactly what you want. For $20.
Yeah I bought that last week thinking it would work for my Vision but its only for plus. Selling Vision and getting the plus as my second machine. I gets here Friday so I will see how it goes using that to do what I am trying to do.

I've flown the circle using home point set over the target, backing off and using home lock right stick to fly the circle. The yaw still has to be manual to keep the camera pointing at the target, and the circle was far from perfect. The quad steadily got further and further from the home point. Not really successful. Practice the manual way!

Was just chatting with the developer of AutoPilot for Phantom and the Orbit feature will do this and the next update of the app will make it so you can pick a spot on the map to have it fly a circle around and lock onto with the camera. I am getting my P2V+ set up right now and plan to try out the app in about an hour. If not then tomorrow. Seems like a great app.

http://autoflightlogic.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl