Newbie question

Reaction score
Just went for a first flight with the phantom standard. My first one fell in the water. So i have some flight time. Anyway my question is the controls were reversed when flying this time compared to the last drone that I was use to. The right stick went up and down and the left stick was to turn the droin. Almost crashed it because of reverse control. Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

And the pictures I took we're very dark compared to the last droin never had to touch camera settings this one takes dark pictures. Have to adjust the camera settings also I guess

Sounds like you inherited the previous users settings. You can adjust the flight controls in the DJI go app back to "mode 2" which should be default. Additionally, open up the camera settings and switch to Auto or whatever you're comfortable with.

ok thank you look how dark the picture was.
DJI_0009.JPG

ok thank you look how dark the picture was.

That's probably due to manual mode for the camera, you'd have to lower the shutter speed to get more light. If setting to Auto, it should look normal.

whats the best setting to shoot in raw or jpeg ? thanks again whats the difference.

whats the best setting to shoot in raw or jpeg ? thanks again whats the difference.
That depends on you and what you want to do with your photos.
On the internet everyone wants the "best" in everything but there isn't always a simple answer.
Shooting raw will mean you have to put more effort into your pictures in Photoshop (or similar) to get good results.
Shooting raw will take longer to record each individual shot.
Shooting raw will allow you to get better results if you know what you are doing in your image editing program.

Shooting jpg can give you quite good images right from the camera without having to do extra work in the computer
Shooting jpg is fast to record, so better for action or situations where you want to take a lot of photos quickly
Jpg photos out of the Phantom aren't as bad as many people think.

Ask on a forum and the general consensus is probably going to be raw is best.
My personal opinion is that jpg is probably all that most flyers need most of the time.

I shoot almost all of my work in plain old jpg and I don't get many complaints about the quality.

Use RAW if you're going to be using a program to process the photos to make them look better.
Use JPEG if you're just going to be viewing the photos as is.

You can set the camera to save both JPEG/RAW for each photo if you're not sure.

Your the man thanks. I will be using photoshop so I will keep them raw.

Jesse, you must be in the States. Tytlyf is correct, you are in Mode 1. Switch over to Mode 2 and you'll be good.

As for the dark picture, see if the exposure compensation is set to a value other than zero. This is changed using the exposure compensation dial on the right side of the remote while you hold it. You can see the value go up and down in the GO app in Camera view when you turn the dial. Set it for 0 and as another user said, make sure the camera is in automatic.

Chris

Sorry, I didn't know the P3S remote was different. I see that there's no dial for exposure compensation.

Are there no settings for exposure compensation in the app?

Yes there's settings in the app have to play around with them. I almost regret buying the standard.

Cool. If you have the setting, I wouldn't feel regret. The dial on the remote is just a convenience — it isn't used a lot. To not have it at all would be much more of a problem.

Just the range difference is bothering me. Wifi compared to light bridge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj