Newbie question

Reaction score
Hey All,

New to the site but looks like lots of great info. I have a couple of questions I was hoping to get some answers to before I purchase

1st. the phantom 2 vision. is that system just wifi to a smart phone or can you set up a FPV with a video transmitter system?

2nd. Does anyone use a Sj4000 camera on the zenmuse gimbal? and if so which one, the h3-3d or the h4-3d?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

#1) I believe the P2 Vision has a camera included, but there is a P2 Non-Vision that is perfect for FPV. I've been thinking of buying one myself.

#2) The zenmuse is balanced for a GoPro, and should be used only with a GoPro. You really don't want the headache of trying to balance another camera with that gimbal.

Edit:

Damnit, forgot to welcome you to the forum, my bad. Welcome!

Correct, the Vision has it's own camera built in, and through the Wifi extender, you view the images on your phone or tablet, not through a dedicated FPV screen (5.8, 2.4, etc).

Carl is correct as well, Zenmuse is designed for the GoPro, the SJseries are clones, using older chipsets. Unless the firmware has been updated, it can handle live out, but cannot record at the same time, so either your view, or your recording, but not both. Kind of kills it : / I also believe the SJ is slightly heavier, which can cause issues with the actual balance on the gimbal. In short, you get what you pay for ;)

Correct, the Vision has it's own camera built in, and through the Wifi extender, you view the images on your phone or tablet, not through a dedicated FPV screen (5.8, 2.4, etc).

Carl is correct as well, Zenmuse is designed for the GoPro, the SJseries are clones, using older chipsets. Unless the firmware has been updated, it can handle live out, but cannot record at the same time, so either your view, or your recording, but not both. Kind of kills it : / I also believe the SJ is slightly heavier, which can cause issues with the actual balance on the gimbal. In short, you get what you pay for ;)

Just a note to KC@UAV-Outlet, with the SJCAM SJ4000, you can most definitely record and experience live video at the same time. I speak from experience having owned the SJ4000. The live video out is provided by a micro USB cable to the video transmitter (via iOSD mini if applicable) and that cable also allows for 5v input to power the camera, eliminating the need for the battery. After selecting TV OUT on the menu and of course "ON", the LCD screen goes black and the FPV monitor gets a live feed. Now you can press the OK button on the camera to begin recording to the memory card in 1080P HD and a flashing red light appears on the FPV monitor screen to let you know you are recording.

KC, I have seen many posts like yours, indicating the two functions are not available at the same time, so it's just some sort of misinformation being spread out there.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just didn't want anyone who might be considering an SJ4000 to think they couldn't do both concurrently, when it actually works quite well.

OP, fly safe and enjoy...

With the Vision Plus, folks have figured out where is the analog video signal that can be tapped to feed a video transmitter. On the regular Vision, I don't know if anyone has found this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik