Newbie Question

Reaction score
I am considering a Phantom since I already have a Hero 4 GoPro. I have some experience with small Hubsan drones for learning experience.
I thought the Phantom 2 was the choice for hooking up a GoPro but it also seems very expensive to hook up FLV for that drone. Phantom 3 appears to only have it's own camera built in and 4 would be getting out of my price range.
My confusion is: is it possible to use the Phantom 2 without a lot of additional expense to achieve FLV or would the Phantom 3 be a better choice.
Comments greatly appreciated.

It's of course entirely up to you on choice of birds and camera but I can say this. The phantom 3 has a very good camera and takes awesome photos and videos. Unless you're dead set on getting the use of your GoPro, the phantom 3 is great right out of the box!

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. That may be the direction I go. I was mostly concerned about the different video formats in combining gopro with quad videos but I may have to work on that separately.

Sent from my SM-G903W using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get a Phantom 3 and mount your GoPro on top of your drone. I have seen pictures of others doing this. Not sure what it does to flight characteristics or battery life.

The Phantom 3 camera is pretty good.

Get a Phantom 3 and mount your GoPro on top of your drone. I have seen pictures of others doing this. Not sure what it does to flight characteristics or battery life.

Yeah, mounting the GoPro on top will definitely mess with the center of gravity and could cause some undesirable flight characteristics for sure. (top heavy) I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it.

There's a whole thread going on right now discussing this very issue. Consensus is that it would be a bad idea.

Reactions: Great_Lakes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20