Newbie Question in Charleston SC

Reaction score
I was recently traded 4 Phantom P2. Two of them needed the gymbal ribbon cable replaced. I have replaced them and have done some work on the gymbals. Now two of them are back together but I am still not getting any feed from the cameras. I was able to update the software in both remotes but I am still not able to get the drones to speak to my PC. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 508
I was recently traded 4 Phantom P2. Two of them needed the gimbal ribbon cable replaced. I have replaced them and have done some work on the gimbals. Now two of them are back together but I am still not getting any feed from the cameras. I was able to update the software in both remotes but I am still not able to get the drones to speak to my PC. Please help.

If you are using Windows 10 on your PC that is the source of your problem and for whatever reason is not able to communicate with P2 software.

Which gimbal ribbons did you replace since there are two of them? There is a ribbon with a USB connector for the camera and the other feeds all the gimbals motors. If you are using a Hero 3+ black or silver camera and have updated to v3.0 that firmware restricts the video output from the USB port and would require a rollback to v2.0 using the following link. Drivers filed under: GoPro HERO3+ Camera Firmware

Open the both P2s and check that L2 is not shorted out it's right in front of the CAM socket.

Shorted L2 main board.jpg

Schematic_01.jpg

The Cam socket wiring order 1) video, 2) ground, 3) B+ and 4) ground. The video signal comes from the USC ribbon through the gimbal then through the 8 pin gray cable to the Zenmuse socket. It's possible that either the gray cable is not seated properly at the gimbal or the socket on the main board or is damaged. If you have a VOM take a continuity check of the wiring. Is can be done from the cameras USB ribbon with the USB connector removed to the Zenmuse socket.

I replaced the one that is routed through the gymbal and all the way down to the camera. Now i am getting a red light and a buzzing noise on the one. The other one i will call the yellow one i can not even get the remote to sinc with the drone for some reason.

I replaced the one that is routed through the gymbal and all the way down to the camera. Now i am getting a red light and a buzzing noise on the one. The other one i will call the yellow one i can not even get the remote to sinc with the drone for some reason.

Apparently, the post I sent you wasn't completed so I'll try again.

Do you have a VOM to check continuity? Having one will help in troubleshooting the video problems.

Do either of the gimbals go through calibration when power is applied?? If they do not go through the calibration when powered up then you will have to do a factory reset. Here is a video that will show you how to do it and follow the instructions to the letter.

Now for the problem, you are having with communicating with the P2 using Windows 10 operating system. There must be a fix for that either on Microsofts site or on Google if that is the OS you are using.

I replaced the one that runs through the gymbal and all the way to the camera. I am getting a blinking red light and a buzzing noise.

I replaced the one that runs through the gymbal and all the way to the camera. I am getting a blinking red light and a buzzing noise.

Have you connected the P2 to the assistant software then gone into the upgrades to see if the gimbal is even recognized as in this photo.

Upgrade Page_04.jpg

If it isn't recognized then you need to login to DJI site for the firmware for the gimbal and that's the only way you will get that firmware.

I actually have. I will call them out by colors. My Blue to me drone I just picked up another gymbal to do another gymbal cable. It will get airborne but no video and communication. My to me Yellow Drone when hooked up to the computer says its having GPS issues. I have 3 other gps units so going to try and replace tonight. Yellow Gymbal has a brand new 3 connection ribbon chord but when plugged in it blinks red and makes a buzzing noise. Not sure how to fix that. I have a total of 4 gymbals that were given to me in pieces so may need to swap out some other pieces. So far I have 0 video feed on any of them. I Have been able to pair the remote and get the big custom one also to leave the ground but with 0 video no FPV. Still need some re wiring. Also still need to figure out the Fatshark goggles.

I actually have. I will call them out by colors. My Blue to me drone I just picked up another gymbal to do another gymbal cable. It will get airborne but no video and communication. My to me Yellow Drone when hooked up to the computer says its having GPS issues. I have 3 other gps units so going to try and replace tonight. Yellow Gymbal has a brand new 3 connection ribbon chord but when plugged in it blinks red and makes a buzzing noise. Not sure how to fix that. I have a total of 4 gymbals that were given to me in pieces so may need to swap out some other pieces. So far I have 0 video feed on any of them. I Have been able to pair the remote and get the big custom one also to leave the ground but with 0 video no FPV. Still need some re wiring. Also still need to figure out the Fatshark goggles.

Have you tried to do the factory reset on the gimbal that is buzzing? Of course, after doing a hard reset you might need the gimbal firmware which can only be gotten from DJI.

I have not! So far when purchased i was just told they all 3 of the gimbals only needed that chord that was broken. I was all excited ordered 4 of them rebuilt 2 and am currently 0 for 2. These were brand new to me even though they came much more banged up than I originally realized. At this point I would think with 4 gimbals I should have enough parts to at least get 2 working and that would be amazing as the third DJi has become a parts donee at this point.

I have not! So far when purchased i was just told they all 3 of the gimbals only needed that chord that was broken. I was all excited ordered 4 of them rebuilt 2 and am currently 0 for 2. These were brand new to me even though they came much more banged up than I originally realized. At this point I would think with 4 gimbals I should have enough parts to at least get 2 working and that would be amazing as the third DJi has become a parts donee at this point.

Well it isn't going to hurt anything so why not give the reset a try. I sent you the video on the 12th of this month on how to do it. Just remember you will need the firmware once you've done the reset. If you are not registered with DJI and you see this on your screen when using the P2 software register.

P2 Firmware.png

download message.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik