Newbie Question - How to set maximum distance higher in menu

Reaction score
I have a P 3 S. In my settings menu, i can only set maximum height and maximum distance to 500 meters. Is there away to make it any further??? Thanks.

The maximum height cannot be set above 500 meters. You remove the distance limit by disabling the following setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Maximum-Distance.png

Of course you do know flying above 120M (400') is illegal, right?

Of course you do know flying above 120M (400') is illegal, right?
It's not illegal (in the US anyhow). And, don't forget it's 400 feet AGL ;)

Thanks PH. Upon further research, the recent FAA sUAS Reg. Part 107 restricts flights to below 400' AGL unless a waiver is granted. But that's for commercial flying.

For recreational pilots the FAA says this:
Fly in accordance with the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Public Law 112-95 Section 336). Under this rule, operators must:
  • Fly for hobby or recreational purposes only
  • Follow a community-based set of safety guidelines
  • Fly the UAS within visual line-of-sight
  • Give way to manned aircraft
  • Provide prior notification to the airport and air traffic control tower, if one is present, when flying within 5 miles of an airport
  • Fly UAS that weigh no more than 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
  • Register the aircraft (UAS over 0.55 lbs. and less than 55 lbs. can be registered online at registermyuas.faa.gov; UAS 55 lbs. or greater must be registered through the FAA's paper-based process)
No mention of altitude restriction. And on their "fly for fun" webpage, they offer these guidelines:

Safety Guidelines
  • Fly at or below 400 feet
  • Keep your UAS within sight
  • Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
  • Never fly over groups of people
  • Never fly over stadiums or sports events
  • Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
  • Never fly under the influence
  • Be aware of airspace requirements
So the guidelines are not the law, only suggestions. Right?

So the guidelines are not the law, only suggestions. Right?
While guidelines are not laws, I'm sure the FAA will have no trouble finding an applicable law if you do something unsafe with your aircraft that gets their attention.

I agree! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.