Newbie Question: How does FPV Wifi Work.

Reaction score
I apologize for asking such a newbie question but I am very very new to the FPV and wifi stuff and I apologize in advance for asking such basic questions. With all this being said how does the FPV and the Wifi work? Does my android phone send wifi to the wifi extender then to the phantom and camera? or does the wifi go to the camera and then back to the extender? Also, how does my android phone control the phantom itself while using the ground station application while in FPV? Also even though I am using my android phone for FPV via wifi is it possible to use another larger wireless monitor at the same time so others can watch in realtime as well? Once again I apologize for asking such basic questions but I am the kind of person that just has to understand what I am using and the folks here are very knowledgeable and seem to be willing to help. Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be..........

The extender is basically a wireless bridge with a pair of directional antennae. It serves as the link between your phone and the Phantom, allowing you much greater range than you could possibly achieve were your phone to connect directly to the Phantom's Wi-Fi. You can only attach a single device on the user end of the extender. If your viewing device has video out capability, you could attach a second viewing device via its video out port.

So basically the Phantom creates its own WIFI? Also if I am using my smartphone as the FPV Viewing device I am pretty much locked in to just using it but If I used and Ipad or a similar tablet I could use the video out port on the tablet to attach another monitor? I think I have comprehension now. Thanks so much.

kymedic121 said:
So basically the Phantom creates its own WIFI? Also if I am using my smartphone as the FPV Viewing device I am pretty much locked in to just using it but If I used and Ipad or a similar tablet I could use the video out port on the tablet to attach another monitor? I think I have comprehension now. Thanks so much.

Correct. Many of the newer high-end smart phones are capable of video out with the proper adapter, so you may be able to use your current phone for that purpose.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik