Newbie question .... battery cables

Reaction score
I admit to being exceedingly cautious. The battery cables are fat and will get a lot of bending. Do you just cram them together on the outside end of the battery and push the door closed, or do you try to snake the connectors inside the body of the Phantom?

And my battery has a little white data plug on it. What's that for?

The little white plug is the balancer plug that also plugs into the side of the charger in addition to the orange connector. My understanding is that there are 3 cells in that battery, and they all need to be balanced with roughly the same amount of charge

You need to watch all the video's that DJI posts, they explain how to charge the battery. (2A is fine btw).

as for the cable, just gotta carefully jam it in there!

If you use Turnigy 2200 mah batteries they have cables that are twice as long and a pain to stuff in, as well as the extra weight. They are great, strong batteries, cheap, and fit the battery holder One of these days I'll cut them back but I'm a bit concerned about shorting out the battery accidentally. It's basically always live.

Gizmo3000 said:
You need to watch all the video's that DJI posts, they explain how to charge the battery.

I was surprised to find no instructions at all in the box, and no sheet telling me where to get them.

I found them on line and have been trying to use the "Quick Start Guide" which leaves out A LOT of critical information.

I have now found the tutorial videos on the DJI site and they are very good. Too bad they turn the instructions into a "treasure hunt".

I agree.. for a beginner to the hobby, it's not a very good quick-start guide and can be confusing. The video's on the other hand are excellent and show just how straightforward it is to get up and flying quickly.

Roadkilt said:
If you use Turnigy 2200 mah batteries they have cables that are twice as long and a pain to stuff in, as well as the extra weight. They are great, strong batteries, cheap, and fit the battery holder One of these days I'll cut them back but I'm a bit concerned about shorting out the battery accidentally. It's basically always live.

Yup, I stuffed one of these in my battery holder, those **** long cables! I was doing some aggressive maneuvers at 80 - 100 ft altitude when the battery door popped open and the battery slid out and disconnected itself. The shell of the Phantom did not survive the fall. New shell and a larger battery door from Shapeways and all is good.

Be careful of that battery door! Some have used velcro straps on the outside to make the door more secure, a very good idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj