newbie question about video playback

Reaction score
I use a galaxy tab s (android)for my viewing screen when flying. What software do I need to be able to take the sd card from my drone and put it in the Galaxy Tab to view the videos . I know I can view them when the sd card is in the drone but I want to turn the drone off. I run MP4 format.

Thanks for any help.

I think just put the card in tablet and it should access them.

No. it will access them. The device sees them but when I try to play the videos using the video player provided on the Tab S it says "unable to play video"

No. it will access them. The device sees them but when I try to play the videos using the video player provided on the Tab S it says "unable to play video"
I am having the same issue! i have tried different SD cards that i know are good but i still get the same message "Cannot play video" But it will allow me to view pictures! We must be doing something silly here. i have been flying a PV2 for sometime and never have had a problem viewing off the card when inserted into my laptop.

I am having the same issue! i have tried different SD cards that i know are good but i still get the same message "Cannot play video" But it will allow me to view pictures!
Sounds like your software.
Download VLC Media Player - it plays just about everything

Reactions: Drone Master
Sounds like your software.
Download VLC Media Player - it plays just about everything
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Could do that I suppose but I don't think its a proper fix, I think we must be missing something in the settings? I put the SD card in my PV2 and record, put the card in my android device and it plays back, put it back into the P4/record and no play back!

I believe the problem lies with android devices. I also have a galaxy note 10.1 and it won't play the videos on it either.

It works with the VLC media player. I just tried it. There must be something non-standard with the P4 recording.

All of DJI products tend to use a specific video codec compression and in their MP4 extensions . Many of the common android video player apps that come with your device are sometimes not supported by this video codec compression. Meta4 has given you a good solution. VLC is a good choice and you should stick with it as your default player.

Last edited:
Can or will the VlC work or can it be downloaded to a smart TV?
I currently do not have a smart TV. However some new smart TVs may support the particular video format and codec. The only way to know is to go ahead and give it a try. if not you may have to convert to mpg and your Smart TV may play from the chip itself . Make note though the resolution works best at 1080 P in your recordings unless you're smart TV is 4K then there should be no problem with any resolution other than 2.7K.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1